Don't mix IC and OOC information
The DM team has noticed an increase in players mixing IC and OOC information. We'd like to kindly remind our players not to share their IC thoughts and narratives using OOC platforms. Please keep IC information where it belongs, ingame or on the forum.
Please avoid using screenshots, tells or discord to argue your IC points.
In the same vein, please remember the act of being set to hostile is an OOC game mechanic and should not provoke an IC response until/if an aggressive act is committed in character.
Turning hostile means your character shows IC signs of hostility, however they have not done anything else than look hostile.
To build on what Hangman says
Turning red means you are clearly not friendly. You have your guard up etc. It in itself is not an IC aggressive action. It does not mean that PvP has started or you are allowed to suddenly attack using "but he went hostile so I defended myself" as an excuse.
Below is the full rule.
There have been concerns brought to the admin team of too much OOC discussion through tells. Refrain from using tells or discord to discuss things that should be handled ICly. (Preferably in game but forum letters are also considered IC). This also applies to things that are foig being discussed in general or spoiled with screenshots
This is still happening far too much. To reiterate do not use Discord, tells in game to communicate or influence what should be dealt with in game.
Examples would be
- Hey, I'm thinking about killing xyz pc, wanna help?
- What would your pc think about abc?
- Well I got this reward from a DM so must be onto something and player 123's character is wrong
- Here are all the reasons why I think your character is wrong and why my character is correct.
- OMG that event was awesome. So glad we've finally managed to kill "BAD GUY" and recover that awesome "ITEM OF WIN"
Some examples of what tells and discord should be used for
- Saw you just logged in, we just made a sending to do ogres, wanna come?
- You going to be around for a bit? Need to chat. Will do a sending.
- Safe to respawn?
- You going to respawn or you want to be raised?
- Can you log in? My character needs to talk to you. I'll do a sending.
- Hey I'm thinking about making a pc that is all about 456. Anyone around to help?
We've had the ability to use messages forever and common sense seemed to have been sufficient. Recently, there has been too much (from reported incidents by players) of OOC being used to influence, discuss, and solicit responses about IC issues that should be handled in game.
Out of respect for your fellows in the community, we are asking this be stopped so the DM team doesn't have to take action such as deleting the character involved or stronger measures.