Eveningstar Security - Reports

• Order of the Aster

This listing is to document the movements of potential threats near Eveningstar. This same format could be applied to any report throughout Arabel, though as of yet the only reports I have pertain to the security of Eveningstar.

Date:
    Description of Event:
    Indicated Organization:
    Resolution:

• Order of the Aster

@Voss
    Date:
    12/08/2020
    Description of Event:
    A large amount of Kobolds, including one dragontouched kobold leader, took up a defensive position on the outskirts of Eastern eveningstar, between Darenhaal Home and Eveningstar. They blocked the road and assaulted us when we approached. It was Lathanders Light which guided us to victory. All of them were put to the sword as mercifully as possible.
    Indicated Organization:
    The largest of these goblins had various white feathers in his helm, indicated he worked for the White Horde. It is possible the White Horde, which I've heard is a pawn of Obyn Misrim, is scouting weak points in Arabels armor. Eveningstar is such a weakpoint.
    Resolution:
    Every last one of them was slain.

• Order of the Aster

Date:
    12/08/2020
    Description of Event:
    A large group of goblins, West of Eveningstar, created a blockade of traps and various barricades to attempt to overwhelm my party. These goblins were no match for the light of Lathander.
    Indicated Organization:
    Unknown. The leader of them was able to escape mostly unharmed. Though I am sure we will see him again..
    Resolution:
    None. The goblin leader escaped, and is a natural threat to the citizens of Eveningstar.

• Order of the Aster

Date:
    Description of Event:
    This is for documentation only of a past event, some years ago. Witness to his families murder.
    Indicated Organization:
    True Sun Heresy
    Resolution:
    Dario confesses that "Lawmen" executed his mother and father during the war, claiming it justice without cause. This will need to be investigated whether he likes it or not. We need the last name of Dario to continue. He says the Palace is unaware of the event, however it took place near, possible in Arabel.

• Order of the Aster

Report: banites near eveningstar, encamped.
    12/20/2020

Description of Event:
    A large contingent of Banite Mercenaries, openly wearing the black hand of Bane, has been seen entrenching themselves the the Westlands. I requested entry into their camp as a city official and protector of the people, wishing to know why they were 'entrenching' and essentially digging in a defensive posture.

I approached the Captain who refused to give his name, his contacts, and refused to declare the name of their company.

The Captain of this mercenary contigent stated they have come to the region to soil themselves on the spoils of war. They intend to join the "winning side" of whatever conflict they can. They did not have a sole tributary yet, however they were in the market.

Due to the threatening nature of the man, and his fanatical support of the Dead God Bane, I informed him that he - and his entire company, were henceforth banished from Eveningstar.

However, without the name of the company, I was at odds, and thus, to protect the people, I banished his company through faith. Until we have their name, I have banished -all- worshipers of Bane from Eveningstar.

Their numbers are growing and are as follows:
    -17 men at arms, 1 of which is located at Falcons Rest defending a private room.
    -1 captain
    -Five horses.

They were still setting up camp and digging in. So likely these numbers are severely understated.

One note - he did mention not wanting to fight along side Monsterous Races... So he might not be in the area to join the White Horde. But Obyn Misrim? it is a possibility.

Indicated Organization:
    Banite mercenary company, nameless, labelled by me "Secret Hand of Bane"

Resolution:
    Banished the mercenaries from Eveningstar through faith, by banning all Banites.

-Dawnknight Nicholas Alwin Appleberry.

• Order of the Aster

@sharkinajar

I have spoken to the captain of Gerhalt's Company. He is a well-seasoned man of which I sensed no ill-will. His company will ask the council for 175,000 gold coins. I have asked that he also take and train the Rabble Rousers, which he has agreed to do as a condition of employment.

The Captain of Gerhalt's Company is Brackenbrook. A one eyed, one handed, one legged warrior who has the full respect of his men. He talks straight, and I witnessed him praise Tymora and Tempus.

Aritian, I -highly- recommend that you use whatever influence you can muster so that the council hires these men. they aren't the most expensive, but they are honest and seasoned, and willing to work with us.

And most importantly, they will help the cause Keline speaks of.

-Dawnknight Appleberry

• Order of the Aster

Aritian,

What do you say to a precision strike upon the encampment of the Banite worshipers, the Unbroken?

sitting on the road with the corpses of all manner of beasts piked between Arabel and Eveningstar.

They are banished from Eveningstar at this moment.

Perhaps I go to far...

-Dawnknight Nicholas Alwin Appleberry

• Dawnknight Nicholas,

Followers of foul deities, even dead ones, shall hold no sway. They will not be given mercy. Prepare, and we shall cleanse foul blight.

May the Dawn be with you,
    Dawnknight Aritian

• Order of the Aster

Aritian,

I have received a report that the Death Cultist has a second, now. I have observed a man dressed like him wandering Arabel. I also have received word that the Necromantic red shard in the hullack keeps getting activated in the dead of night, allowing it to grow. I believe it is the death cult, but I have no proof.

-Dawnknight Nicholas

• Order of the Aster

A mercenary group by the name of the UNBROKEN, worshipers of the dead god BANE are being considered by the Council of Twelve. The Captain of the group has not shown himself in some time, however a priest by the name of Dorian, a lieutenant, has somehow fooled the council into thinking they are nothing more than humble mercenaries seeking to rekindle their faith and bring law to a lawless land.

Where I can agree with that sentiment, the various impaled corpses outside their encampment says they would inspire -tyranny- over law. This. Is. A. Farce.

Though from what I understand, the council is near approving the hiring of these men. That includes meeting their demands. Senior Retainer Osco and Senior Retainer Polk of House Misrim have stated quite clearly that the Unbroken will be hired.

I've reached out to Commander Keline to take action, my elvish allies, pleading with them all to not stand idle while the legion of tyranny readies to take the very soul of Arabel.. Yet none seem willing to join me in this fight.

Thus far, the Unbroken have agreed to stay out of Eveningstar, but I am quickly running out of options, out of allies.

Senior Retainer of House Misrim, Aric Polk, says I should duel the Captain of the Unbroken. Though what would that do for us? If I win, the Lieutenant takes their troops to fight for Obyn and the White Horde. If I lose, they remain, and likely plunder Eveningstar with no champion left to stand in their way.

There is also a curiosity here... Something I cannot quite wrap my head around. Lieutenant of the Unbroken, Dorian Ashmantle, receives prayers still. A priest of a dead god. He does not worship Cyric as many of the Banites converted. This has been confirmed by a close ally of mine. So where do his blessings come from? Can a dead god offer you prayers?

@Voss

• Order of the Aster

Over the past week, numerous undead have been sighted in the area around Arabel. Hullack Forest, East Way, even the High Road near Eveningstar. At first at had thought this was the work of the Talonite wererat, however as of recently my suspicions have shifted to the Death Cult and Yutrus worshiping orcs.

After speaking with several council members, I will begin patrolling more regularly the High Road in order to deter this blasphemy.

I have also spoken to Commander Keline who suggested a strategy to catch the criminals.

We will attempt a flanking assault on the high road with several others in my company, striking from above and behind at once using a cliff and bridge to increase the odds in our favor.

I will need allies in this.. I will reach out to them soon.

-Dawnknight Appleberry

• Order of the Aster

1/16/2021

A Winter Festival was hosted by Luckbringer Ottilie, much occured here.

I had discovered that Exchequer Osco Appleblossom meant to sully a duel I intended to move forward with by poisoning the leader of the Banite group the "Unbroken" to attempt to ensure victory. I refused to be part of the plot, and insisted on knowing the details. Sybil, a dear friend since the Battle of Redwood, intended to share the poison in a drink. Sybil died, and so Osco sought other means to complete his objective.

As I said, I refused to follow through with any sort of dishonorable conduct in the regard, and so I insisted Ottilie confess these sins to the Unbroken Captain. She did.

Later on, I saw Osco and Dawnknight Myrkyr speaking privately. I assumed Osco was intending to persuade Myrkyr to fight in my stead. I had not spoken to Myrkyr regarding the devious plot, and so he had no idea of the potential dishonorable conduct. Thus, I inserted myself into the situation, and challenged the Unbroken Captain to single combat, fully knowing he would be at full strength.

It was a close fight, each of us exchanged proper wounds - however the day was his. I was laid low by a strike to the crown which cracked my skull and left me blind in my eye.

The.. following events.. I was unconscious for.

Apparently - Osco was quite offended by something the Banite said, interpreting it as intentions of war, and attacked. Osco was supported by -all- our elvish allies. Navae, Aerlalorn, Selifrey, Kirin, Kerym, and Felaern.

Jastyne and Dawnknight Myrkyr jumped into the ring, presumably trying to regain some kind of control, and Commander Keline followed suit. Everyone calling for a ceasefire. I woke to this shouting to see the Luckbringer covering over me with a shield, an ensuing battle between the Banites, Crimson Legion, and Jastyne and Myrkyr against the Elves. Osco obeyed the ceasefire, however the elves murdered two Unbroken guardsmen, and the Captain.

In response, Jastyne executed one elf, Felaern, for failing to heed combat instructions and murdering a man in cold blood.

The other elves were exiled, Selifrey fired from her position as Emissary. Keline resigned with Saralynne and Selifrey from the Council of Twelve.

I awoke broken.... My allies scattered to the wind... My honor stained...

Yet still upon the horizon I see the light of Dawn.

The Unbroken under Lieutenant Ashmantle, now Captain Ashmantle, have vacated Arabel.