SoI: The Conspiracy of High Crimmond
Freaks, exiles, and ne'erdo wells, you gathered together at High Crimmond, a settlement far into the Hullack, far from civilization, far from comfort, safety- and the tyranny of Kings and Men.
Here, you are free, to do as you wish, when you wish, and with no obligation to any but yourselves.
However, it was always known, or acknowledged- High Crimmond held a Master, a power that looked down from on high, and permitted the ticks and leeches that were its residents to exist and continue. The nature of this person was held in various states- some believed him a quasi-god near ascension, others argued him a great and mighty mage- and others held to him as an eclectic mystic near the immutable truth of the world. All fantastic theories, surely, but he never bothered with you- and no one bothered with him, thus, for years, it so continued...
However, a rumor spread...then an announcement by the local cult leaders...
"The Master of High Crimmond will descend, and you are all to attend."
High Crimmond is populated by exiles, criminals, and freaks. High Crimmond has sworn itself as a peaceful settlement that will brook neither violence or loud disagreement, and privacy is held sacrosanct. What is one man's business is his own, and no one has any other right to interfere. What happens outside of High Crimmond is no one's business. Who you worship, be it god, demon, devil, or angel, is no one's business, don't preach it here, don't sacrifice people here, and no one will care in high crimmond.
- Outlook: High Crimmond very much holds a 'us against the world,' point of view, surrounded by an incredibly hostile forest, they have unified and set aside their petty differences. Survival is paramount if they are to hold of monsters and kings.
- Privacy: As said, High Crimmond values privacy highly, and what little room is held in trust and will be enforced by the community. A Man's Property is sacred and no theft is tolerated, no questions if uninvited are tolerated.
- Local Authority: High Crimmond only answers to their local authorities, cults, bands of bandits, exiles- freaks of strange heritages, you're all here, bound by mutual treaty- but you answer to no master you do not acknowledge. The Master of High Crimmond cannot command your fealty, but out of respect, you hear him out.
- One with nature: Resource management is important to High Crimmond, thus, druids are welcome. They will not rat each other out, but they aren't above informing druids of 'suspicious folk' to keep such evil doers on their toes.
- Anti-Monarchy: The only King they somewhat acknowledged was Gondegal, and he is now gone. They owe no allegiance to any man, woman, or child- be they divinely descended or of royal blood.
- Conspiracies: High Crimmond is rife with conspiracy, it is the mark of a truly talented Crimmonder to know what his neighbors are doing despite the insistence on privacy.
Applications are open for positions, there is no limit to the number of people I am looking for, but please make a well-thought out character. I do not recommend anyone playing a paladin, but any other class can work. I recommend chaotic leaning alignments, but lawful good can work as well as chaotic evil.
Your goals will not center on the Master of High Crimmond, he will inform you of a laundry list of items he desires, and how you go about it is up to you, but otherwise, you're encouraged to pursue your own dreams and vendettas.
Message me if you wish to join. Normal application rules apply.
There is no ETA on this starting, so I would encourage you to play a PC in the Cyric/Lathander War for the time being.
Individuals should approach me with their concepts.
Put on pause. Shit came up.
Despite the amazingly and totally written down and lovingly crafted and not going to be winged plotline of high crimmond.
It is being shelved again for some more...