“Seekers Guild”

• “Seekers Guild”
    a. It is up to the players what their PC “Seeks”. Treasure hunters, action junkies, mercenaries, bounty hunters of any disposition to name a few
    b. Just like the Twelve Council brought people together for plottage, the “Seekers Guild” is a loose affiliation of adventurers to share info, pool resources, and have an excuse to join up and do stuff together. If the Twelve are the heroes and “leaders”, the Seekers are the rest who don’t care at all for politics or factiony stuff.
    c. Plots intersecting with the Twelve council and across other factions.

• In my opinion, this needs something more than "do your stuff here folks"

• Admin [DM]

@Zool said in (Minor) “Seekers Guild”:

If the Twelve are the heroes and “leaders”, the Seekers are the rest who don’t care at all for politics or factiony stuff.

So it's... an adventuring guild?

If so, I'm good with that.

• I am too essentially.

I do hope we have some stuff that makes it less generic though.

• Admin [DM]

1. Bounty system (rare animals or criminal NPCs)
    2. Solve mysteries of the server (mystra stuff? cult stuff?)
    3. ????

• I don't mean to be a dick, but that's quite generic 🙂

I guess I mean something about the faction itself, rather than what players would do within it off their own backs.

They could indeed, have one or two NPCs that are "seeking" something specific, and cool, or mysterious. I think we're using the mystra stuff quite heavily already though. I don't have a thing off the top of my head right now though so I can kinda shut up for now. Just saying.

• Ok, let's NOT use this idea, it's just an example.

What I mean by let's not make it too generic is, it needs to have something like:

There's a locked basement. It has a sign saying KEEP OUT

No one talks about it, if anyone tries to, they change the subject.
    What's down there?
    Is that why they are "seeking" things? Are they looking for a thing to "awaken" whatever is in there? Are they looking for something to kill it? or activate the arcane device? Is it just full of treasures and they are simply seeking more to fill it up (and the leader is actually a dragon?) Are they actually all Urdlenite Gnomes under illusion spells to look human, and they are just smashing everything they find to feed the Crawler Below? (sorry!) 🙂

• Storyteller [DM]

This is dumb.

This is what player factions are for.

Just give a rentable base or property we can award cool adventure guild groups that have storage/free rest and maybe an area copy we can send the player to toolset and redesign to their liking?

• Admin [DM]

@Zool said in “Seekers Guild”:

I don't mean to be a dick, but that's quite generic

Breaking your own rule?

But yes, it is generic because it's a generic faction of loosely affiliated adventurers.

Spiffy's idea is good,

• Yeah, sounds cool.

• Admin [DM]

I have already 4 player bases built, just need a system to allow players to access them. So we can consider this guild not needed? 🙂

• Storyteller [DM]

We can say the properties are managed by the Guild of Brokers which is run by a greedy Waukeenite retail group.

• It's possible we could tie in these player bases to a prestige system, but one based not on factions, but individual players, potentially.

Something to think about, would require a bunch more design to make that work though.

Could... possibly do it by creating five or six more prestige factions for player groups specifically... hm.. yep, something for later.

• Storyteller [DM]

We could have it so that the bases upgrade if you feed them prestige items, and with sufficient prestige, they 'upgrade' offering you more benefits?

• @SpiffyMeister said in “Seekers Guild”:

We could have it so that the bases upgrade if you feed them prestige items, and with sufficient prestige, they 'upgrade' offering you more benefits?

Yes, something like that.

It's more complex with player factions though, as they aren't "set" and can die, dissapear, reappear, etc. So I'd have to find some way around that.

• Admin [DM]

So:

1. No Seekers Guild
    2. Adventure guilds supported via claimable PC bases

Correct?