Faction Insight and Theme
Each faction has a certain focus and style, which reflects in the faction perks. This means the available gear and perks are tailored around this theme. We recommend all players interested in joining one of these faction have a look and see how their concept would fit into the general theme. Please note that certain play styles won't be catered to in certain factions.
All the non app faction NPCs can be found in the Faceless Inn. Talk to one of the them and follow the dialogue to gain Rank 1(appless). Go to the faction base to access the store and get the first of the gear.
To become Rank 2 there are two options
- Hook up with an existing PC in the faction for guidance of what tasks need doing and earn IC recommendation.
- Let a DM know what you have done that you think is pertinent to the faction and get feedback/NPC IC recommendation
Rank 1 is supposed to be a brief stint so if it takes longer than a week or two (depending on IG time) then always contact a DM for feedback.
There is always the opportunity to submit a normal application to begin at Rank 2.
N.B Faction Gear is required to be worn, so keep that in mind as you are working on the build for your concept.
- Primarily armored melee combatants favoring the Halberd with the few arcanists expected to actively contribute to victory by effective use of magic. Cowardice will not be tolerated. Everybody fights. Nobody quits. If you flee to save you own skin to the detriment of the Guard, the Crimson Lady will kill you herself. The Crimson Lady is a renowned Weapons Master of the Halberd and as such provides that weapon to any would be student who wishes to take it up. More perks around this to those that EiG.
- The House favors those who use wit, charm, and social skills rather then raw/brute force to achieve its goals. If that fails outright larceny or worse has it’s place. They do not shy away from acts of violence, precise or not, when the situation calls for it. Primarily interested in increasing the standing of the house through acquiring of wealth, power, favour and influence. Those within the house are often heavily invested in skills associated with merchants, diplomats, and the blue blooded elite. The right person for the right task is a guiding principle.
- The faction is highly focused on the ideals of benevolent justice for all and being a shining beacon of hope and safety. They champion justice, law, and order and oppose chaos and evil. Think Camelot except everyone is supposed to follow a strict code. There is also a strong redemption and purification theme within the Order.
- There are two factions within the tower. The "Mages" and the "Guards" The Tower focuses on expanding magical research and advancing the cause of magic. The Tower wields incredible IC power but there are extreme IC consequences for failure or embarrassment. Think what would happen if you blended the War Wizards with the Red Wizards of Thay and sprinkled in a dose of the old Mage Guild's notable members.
Additional info about how to join and move from Rank 1 to Rank 2.