Sub Races no longer need full applications. [Exceptions Apply]

• Admin [DM]

Great news all! We're changing our philosophy on applications.

"Common/Average" Subraces no longer require a full app. All we ask for is a quick note as to what you will do to make it more than a human with bonus stats. That's just a quick check so that we know you've read at least the basics of the sub race you are planning to play.

e.g.

• I plan to show my Dragon Touched greed by demanding a larger share of the treasure.
    • I plan to play my Water Genasi as someone who remains calm and morose with the occasional emotional outburst.
    • I plan to emote the scent of brimstone and flicking tongue for my Tiefling.

We will be implementing an ECL for these subraces in place of applications.(see below)

ECL +1

Plane Touched
    Aasimar (+2 wisdom/charisma, -5 acid/cold resist. 1/day light)
    Tiefling (+2 intelligence/charisma, -5 fire resist, +2 hide/bluff, 1/day darkness)
    Axani +2 intelligence/Wisdom, -5 sonic/cold.
    Cansin +2 intelligence/charisma. +2 bluff. -5 fire/acid resist. 1/day entropic shield.
    Earth Genasi (+2 str/con, -2 wisdom/charisma, -5 acid resist.)
    Air Genasi (+2 dex/int, -2 charisma, -5 electric resist, immunity to cloud spells, immunity to drowning).
    Water Genasi (+2 con, -2 charisma, -10 cold resist, immunity to drowning)
    Fire Genasi (+2 intelligence, -2 charisma, -10 fire resist)

Dragon Touched (+2 Strength, +2 Charisma, -2 Dexterity specal based on type)

ECL +2

• All Lycans still need an app due to power and rp restrictions

ECL +3

• Currently there are no ECL+3 races/subraces supported.

We want to encourage interesting concepts being played IG, not some boring and stressful application process.

For now, catch a DM IG to set you up. We're working on a way to allow DMless set up.

• Admin [DM]

This is now live. Please report any issues.

Happy Gaming!

• Admin [DM]

Rather than limit concepts ("Application" subraces are only applied to human) the team has decided a few additional caveats:

1. Half orc and Half elf are considered a subrace already and therefore cannot have another one.
      1a. No Half elf / Aasimar for example

2. Positive bonuses do not stack, negatives do not stack, and a positive and negative will cancel out.
      2a. Dwarf (+2 Con, -2 Cha) / Aasimar (+2 Wis, +2 Cha) would end with

• +2 Con, +2 Wis, +0 Cha- The +2 Cha and -2 Cha cancelling each other out.

2b. Dwarf (+2 Con, -2 Cha) / Earth Genasi (+2 str/con, -2 wisdom/charisma) would end with

• +2 Con, +2 Str, -2 Wis, -2 Cha)- The duplicate +2 Con and -2 Cha not stacking

2c. Halfing (+2 Dex, -2 Str) / Air Genasi (+2 dex/int, -2 charisma) would end with

• +2 Dex, -2 Str, +2 Int, -2 Cha- the duplicate +2 Dex not stacking.
    1. All subraces must be applied to the default race
      3a. You can be a Moon Elf[Default] Dragontouched but not a Sun Elf Dragontouched

2. Certain limits apply
      4a. Drow - Only default elves[moon elves]
      4b. Duergar - Only default dwarves[shield dwarves]
      4c. Svirfneblin - Only default gnomes[rock gnomes]

Any of you with existing subraces, please contact a DM for remake.

Please make note of your stats on creation and help the set up DM with a reminder of stacking stats.

Cheers.
    Happy Gaming.

• Admin [DM]

Lycans are now live as of Strife and Discord 6890

They are ECL 2 and will require an application.

https://nodebb.cityofarabel.com/topic/45891/available-pc-races/2