Sub Races no longer need applications. [Exceptions Apply]
Great news all! We're changing our philosophy on applications.
"Common/Average" Subraces no longer require a full app. All we ask for is a quick note as to what you will do to make it more than a human with bonus stats. That's just a quick check so that we know you've read at least the basics of the sub race you are planning to play.
- I plan to show my Dragon Touched greed by demanding a larger share of the treasure.
- I plan to play my Water Genasi as someone who remains calm and morose with the occasional emotional outburst.
- I plan to emote the scent of brimstone and flicking tongue for my Tiefling.
We will be implementing an ECL for these subraces in place of applications.(see below)
Aasimar (+2 wisdom/charisma, -5 acid/cold resist. 1/day light)
Tiefling (+2 intelligence/charisma, -5 fire resist, +2 hide/bluff, 1/day darkness)
Axani +2 intelligence/Wisdom, -5 sonic/cold.
Cansin +2 intelligence/charisma. +2 bluff. -5 fire/acid resist. 1/day entropic shield.
Earth Genasi (+2 str/con, -2 wisdom/charisma, -5 acid resist.)
Air Genasi (+2 dex/int, -2 charisma, -5 electric resist, immunity to cloud spells, immunity to drowning).
Water Genasi (+2 con, -2 charisma, -10 cold resist, immunity to drowning)
Fire Genasi (+2 intelligence, -2 charisma, -10 fire resist)
Dragon Touched (+2 Strength, +2 Charisma, -2 Dexterity specal based on type)
- All Lycans still need an app due to power and rp restrictions
- The rest like Drow, Deep Gnome, Deep Dwarf still need an app due to power and rp restrictions.
We want to encourage interesting concepts being played IG, not some boring and stressful application process.
For now, catch a DM IG to set you up. We're working on a way to allow DMless set up.
This is now live. Please report any issues.
Rather than limit concepts ("Application" subraces are only applied to human) the team has decided a few additional caveats:
Half orc and Half elf are considered a subrace already and therefore cannot have another one.
1a. No Half elf / Aasimar for example
Positive bonuses do not stack, negatives do not stack, and a positive and negative will cancel out.
2a. Dwarf (+2 Con, -2 Cha) / Aasimar (+2 Wis, +2 Cha) would end with
- +2 Con, +2 Wis, +0 Cha- The +2 Cha and -2 Cha cancelling each other out.
2b. Dwarf (+2 Con, -2 Cha) / Earth Genasi (+2 str/con, -2 wisdom/charisma) would end with
- +2 Con, +2 Str, -2 Wis, -2 Cha)- The duplicate +2 Con and -2 Cha not stacking
2c. Halfing (+2 Dex, -2 Str) / Air Genasi (+2 dex/int, -2 charisma) would end with
- +2 Dex, -2 Str, +2 Int, -2 Cha- the duplicate +2 Dex not stacking.
All subraces must be applied to the default race
3a. You can be a Moon Elf[Default] Dragontouched but not a Sun Elf Dragontouched
Certain limits apply
4a. Drow - Only default elves[moon elves]
4b. Duergar - Only default dwarves[shield dwarves]
4c. Svirfneblin - Only default gnomes[rock gnomes]
4d. Kenku - Only half-elf base race.
Any of you with existing subraces, please contact a DM for remake.
Please make note of your stats on creation and help the set up DM with a reminder of stacking stats.