Evil in Arabel

• While it is not game breaking, there is a bit of a disadvantage opting down a scummy path. I am just listing some issues:

• Selling stuff to NPCs. This is mainly scrolls to Raznor/Dwarven embassy.
    • NPC shops - wands in the shop opposite the market place. Since bloodstones seem to be phased out, there is some metagaming required to purchase some wands from NPCs.
    • Linking WSI to the sewers - WSI is a good hub, but probably needs a direct route to the sewers if that is the hub of evil
    • Linking other outskirts to sewers - unless you use portals, you need to travel through the city to reach the swamps/Hullack/etc - or pay 150 gold each time you want to move to Eastern Wildlands
    • Some quests - a few good ones that require walking across the city - always been an issue of sorts

I realise a lot of these issues will be fixed in v6, but I hope evilness is encouraged since it does add much needed conflict to the server.

• Admin [DM]

All of this is basically covered, but I would like to know what other fun stuff could support evil. For example the blood knife is a great tool for evil

• If there was a portal from the sewer bar to wsi and the wsi portal master sold portal stones this would fix some of the issues.

• Admin [DM]

I personally think openly evil, deviant convepts should never find life to be easy.

• It's less about easy and more about boredom alleviation. I can get around fairly easily using a mixture of portals and invisibility, others without the benefits of these things would be stuck sitting in one place.

• Admin [DM]

Sadly, server design cannot center around the minority of concepts. We can try and make it easier, but being a lonely exile will always be hard on what is a cooperative game. Always have a group for such concepts.

• @SpiffyMeister said in Evil in Arabel:

Sadly, server design cannot center around the minority of concepts. We can try and make it easier, but being a lonely exile will always be hard on what is a cooperative game. Always have a group for such concepts.

A lot of players don't access forums, they want to log in and out.The issue is not about having an easy life for nutcases, it is about actually being able to do stuff without stupidity if you are exiled or in conflict with the main ruling faction (buying wands while invisible, it seems dumb - if I can't a DM should come online and give me stuff to compensate, otherwise I simply cant do quests).

Otherwise, you will need a DM on pretty much every day across timezones. A no PvP server relies on events, the events become the lifeblood of the server, what you prepare for, and determines who gets powerful stuff.

• @Puffy said in Evil in Arabel:

All of this is basically covered, but I would like to know what other fun stuff could support evil. For example the blood knife is a great tool for evil

The place you can make infernal stones, getting infernalist boons, and bloodstone dealers. All were very good. More stuff like that. I do like the idea of being able to make bloodstones without a DM instead of buying them, you can make infernalist stones in the ruins, more stuff like that.

• Admin [DM]

The server permits pvp. you just cannot fd wantonly. Stop spreading disinformation, Joe

• Server is a PVP server.

Evil concepts will always have a hard time if the setting is good.

Chaotic concepts will have a hard time if the setting is lawful.

If the setting was chaotic evil it would be quite boring. (That's not to say it has to be lawful good though.)

The best "evil" concepts are either smart leaders, or goons (being led by a smart leader)

• Storyteller [DM]

PvP is not inevitable, but I will be the first person to say that I actively encourage it as a climax, or a falling event, for certain types of plots.

By the time that an Evil PC reaches the point they are wanted by the Militia, they either need to find a diplomatic way to deal with the situation, or they need to be powerful enough/connected enough/devious enough to avoid the in-game restrictions on their movement or circumvent them through allies, intrigue, or sheer straightforward violence in some cases.

The system is working as intended if Evil is uncomfortable, and compelled to worry about their criminal status(s).

However, I have spoken this afternoon with Pancake about this issue in-game, and in the context of the server's current events, and we are working on a solution at present for the individuals involved. Have a little patience, and a Faith.

• Admin [DM]

Praise the Glory

• @Zool said in Evil in Arabel:

Server is a PVP server.

Evil concepts will always have a hard time if the setting is good.

Chaotic concepts will have a hard time if the setting is lawful.

If the setting was chaotic evil it would be quite boring. (That's not to say it has to be lawful good though.)

The best "evil" concepts are either smart leaders, or goons (being led by a smart leader)

Sutely the setting can change though? Hardcastle was not good, etc

• Hardcastle wasn't the setting, Cormyr was.

• Also, Hardcastle wasn't blatantly evil. Because even he, with all of his power, had to work in a LG setting.

The retainer I played for him truly believed him to be a good person.

• Did he not set fire to the Old Town?

• That was Kraegus Thune.

• Admin [DM]

@CrystalRL said in Evil in Arabel:

That was Kraegus Thune.

And he set fire to the slums in v4 😛 wrong era

• And he didn't set it, just closed the doors so they can't escape, giving a way to his enemies to infiltrate the city. Or do i get this horribly wrong?