Inventory full forces drop items when picking more up

• My PC is a bone crafter so I skin animals often. At times, I find several and end up with a full inventory. The issue is, when I skin one and my inventory is full or near full and the animal gives me more items than I got room for, it forces drop the first (or first) items in my inventory to make room for the item.

This might be EE hardcoded though... Hope not.

• Storyteller [DM]

This has been a feature since NwN has been out.

You need to make more room in your inventory. That's just the way it is.

• For now, it might help him if you comment out the meat-generating part of the code, since Moloch probably isn't going to finish that up anytime soon.

• @spiffymeister said in Inventory full forces drop items when picking more up:

You need to make more room in your inventory. That's just the way it is.

• DMs

@crystalrl said in Inventory full forces drop items when picking more up:

For now, it might help him if you comment out the meat-generating part of the code, since Moloch probably isn't going to finish that up anytime soon.

Meat not used in anything then? I know I never added meat in, as I hadn't made anything to use it with at that time.

I reckon it may have been added to try and make White stags and the way you get the meat from them make sense though. Still a bit of an outlier.

That aside, this is just the way the game works.

The way the game works aside! it could instead of generating items into your inventory, generate them onto the ground, however, this actually opens up an exploit.... (I know, weird aint it?)

So, as was said, you need to free up space in your inventory.

• @zool said in Inventory full forces drop items when picking more up:

Meat not used in anything then? I know I never added meat in, as I hadn't made anything to use it with at that time.

I think Moloch was adding in a cooking skill that would've used the meat; it didnt get completed before he took his break.

@zool said in Inventory full forces drop items when picking more up:

So, as was said, you need to free up space in your inventory.

Bags/boxes.

• This is new. It has NEVER done this before in old 1.69 neverwinter. It would simply drop the items generated directly on the ground and not FORCE OUT some of my current items out of the inventory to make room. This is why I am bug reporting it. It is dropping whatever is in the lower left corner of page one out of my inventory to force room for the item it is trying to pick up. Then it just repeats with all the items. Pick up, force out, drop.

I've nearly lost my umbrella and croc handaxe because of this. This never happened in 1.69. It seems to do this only with animal bones and hides because I recall clearing out a lot of trees after the EE update and those never forced anything out of inventory when I had no more room.

• Storyteller [DM]

Might be a new beamdog thing. However, as far as I can tell, it's solved by simply having room in your inventory. Buy boxes. Get rid of junk. Stop being a packrat. Live free with the glory of two pages of free inventory space!

• DMs

@theminionofarabel

Yeah, I read it wrong, this is new behaviour.

Probably do some testing with other items, but there shouldn't be anything in that script to move objects out of your inventory. There's very few that do that.

• I'll be moving a less important item in that corner that is for sure.

As for bags and free space, Spiffy, I have 2 pages worth of empty space at all time! 😑 I'd have even more space if the maps were smaller.

What kills me is all the meat animals drop.

Anyway! Hardcoded EE crap, nothing much I can do. Its just weird in only seems to happen with skinning animals. Oh well!

• Storyteller [DM]

I’ll just change the animal meat tag/ remove it for now.

• @SpiffyMeister
    I think the pure white stag meat now uses this also. Letting you know so it is not removed as well.