Spell: Invisibility

• Area name: Everywhere

Issue Description:

Once you're being attacked by enemies and go invisible (through the casting of the spell), the enemies will continue to attack you and follow you throughout the area.

• I've tested this on the Bats in the Batman quest, and the Gibberlings in the Damp Cave quest.

• Storyteller [DM]

the enemies can still hear you even if they cant see you, you need to get a sufficient distance from them for them to stop attacking. they do have the blindness penalty though aka 50% miss chance

• Storyteller [DM]

Not a bug.

• DMs

While it's not a bug, that part of the AI could really use some tweaking.

Unfortunately the AI is a horrible thing to poke about in, even for very experienced scripters. It'd be ace if that particular bit of the AI could just be tweaked with a lovely little single variable or something, but after having worked on the AI (A long long time ago) I can safely say, it isn't as simple as that unfortunately.

This was one of the things pretty high on my old list of AI things to work on.

• @cadiz_stoker said in Spell: Invisibility:

the enemies can still hear you even if they cant see you, you need to get a sufficient distance from them for them to stop attacking. they do have the blindness penalty though aka 50% miss chance

This is what I meant, the creatures keep following me throughout the entire dungeon. No distance is far enough.

• DMs

If they were following you then it's likely they remained within the hearing threshold. It's based on distance from them, not distance from the point of casting.

Using doors or terrain to slow enemies down is the best way to lose them after casting invisibility.