ECL applied?

• Storyteller [DM]

i have a multiclass character currently bard1/ranger1/sorc5 base race human, subrace cansin (who actually have Favoured Class sorc anyway)

last quest i did i got 108xp compared to the other player who also at level 7 got 180xp.

now this doesnt seem to be the 20% cross class penalty, which shouldnt be applied because either FC or Human ability should negate that effect, so i was wondering if there is a ECL being applied?

• Storyteller [DM]

You do have three classes. That could be causing it.

• Storyteller [DM]

Yes, that would cause a 20% XP penalty.

• Storyteller [DM]

according to the wiki it shouldn't

A human or half-elf's highest-level class is always considered his or her favored class for purposes of the multiclass penalty.

A dwarf 7th-level fighter/2nd-level cleric suffers no penalty, nor does he when he adds 1st-level rogue to his classes since his cleric and rogue classes are only 1 level apart, and fighter is a favored class for dwarves.

• DMs

The subraces do not cause ECL, I only checked this recently

• Arabel City Militia

Subraces still retain their the primary race. My air genasi is an race: elf, sub-race: air genasi. For plane-touched, most would still be humans.

@spiffymeister said in ECL applied?:

Yes, that would cause a 20% XP penalty.

If Cadiz is a Human Cansin, with a FC: Sorc, it wouldn't. Since, the favoured class + bonus mulitclass for human would negate it.

He is occuring two multiclass penalties. So even if you can't have a Human Cansin, he should be occuring a 20% ECL not a 40%.

• DMs

• I ran a test, big thanks to @CrystalRL, with a Human Lvl 6, Human Lvl 3/3, and Human Lvl 1/1/4. All received the same xp for kills and turn in xp on Froidocs

• It has been verified that Cansin is set at Favored Class: Sorcerer

• More testing to be done.

• Storyteller [DM]

108 xp from damp cave for finishing at level 7, LAF's lvl7 char got 180

gladstones 270 finish xp at 7th, the level 8 with me got 425

crypt cleaning 135 xp at 7th, lvl 8 got 212

(2 man party for all these quests)

haunted painting, 280xp at 7th, party got 467 at 8th, 522 at 6th (party of 6 variable levels)

• DMs

As far as I can discern the custom subrace favored class is not working.

Ran more tests with different favored class (Paladin) on an Human(Aasimar) and the following occurred

Lvl 1/1/4 Paladin(Favored Class)- 8 xp instead of 14 xp
    Lvl 1/5 Paladin (Favored Class) - 11 xp instead of 14 xp
    Lvl 3/3 Paladin (Favored Class - 14 xp the same as human testing done earlier with 14 xp for all combinations

• Multiclass penalties are not a factor as long as the classes are within 1 lvl of each other.

Thanks @cadiz_stoker for some additional trouble shooting.

EDIT: Need to test on non-human races to check subrace overrides

• Storyteller [DM]

more than not working, it overides the base class such that there is no favoured class it seems (human FC is removed)

• DMs

@cadiz_stoker Yes but it is intended to override the human favored class (highest level class by default). It is the newly applied Favored Class that seems to be the issue. Not the base class.

Regardless, WIP.

• Subraces do not cause ECL unless you're a polymorphed lycan.

That said, being a cansin does change your race from human I think. Meaning that even though you have favored class sorcerer. The fact that you have two other classes does give you a penalty.

• Storyteller [DM]

@cadiz_stoker said in ECL applied?:

according to the wiki it shouldn't

A human or half-elf's highest-level class is always considered his or her favored class for purposes of the multiclass penalty.

A dwarf 7th-level fighter/2nd-level cleric suffers no penalty, nor does he when he adds 1st-level rogue to his classes since his cleric and rogue classes are only 1 level apart, and fighter is a favored class for dwarves.

this would imply otherwise chips, also testing implies that all subraces have the issue with regards having no Favoured Class

• DMs

Investigating the subrace scripts, having some major issues in the coding.

• Storyteller [DM]

Can't even compile inc_subraces atm due to issues in dmfi_onplychat @Puffy

• DMs

I'll check with my husband and see what he can do

• Storyteller [DM]

@puffy Any news regarding this?

• DMs

Mod needs to be remade