Chaos Brew: Ledger

• Arabel City Militia

This large ledger currently empty, barring the first page. The ledger is split roughly in quarters.

Section One: Memos

Transmutor Sunnysert, when you are free it would be useful to check over my notes to make sure I understand your advice appropriately. At the stage in our endeavours it would be useful not to make any elementary mistakes. - R.

Ruins Beneath Arabel

I viewed three large infernalist stones today. My companion, an amatuer portal hunter, explained the stones worked as a portal to an infernal realm. Perhaps they could be repurposed and made into a portal to a more accomodating plane for our plans. It would, however, likely be one way. Perhaps we could open a portal to the Feywild, thereby allowing potential allies to enter, and a potential source for our Brew? -R.

Dangrous things, I like to examine them in detail, but I suspect they won't be so easy to redirect. - M.S.

On aquiring the dagger we went down to the ruins, while the number of hostiles was zero, the amount of treasure was hardly much better. We did find a area with a infernal statue (some greater lust monster) that had a weak mind control effect on it, additional a nearby area Weave was.. twisted in a similar and disturbing way. In a room I found text that seemed to be infernal, through I lack the depth of study to say anything past that. - M.S.

The portal stones I found were in also in the ruins. Will need to think of a better plan for chaos essence unless we wish to rob a demon. It seems the ruins act as a large, barren conduit to the infernal planes. In some ways they remind me of the legends of the dark tunnels of Pandemonium. The chances of any progress in time for the festival is very low, which means no investment. - R.

I dont know if the pillar's words are a link to a portal, but then who knows, words have power! i managed to work some of the text and translate it, but it is very patchy, obviously of infernal origin though. The mask is most definitely netherese, a shame that that is in the hands of the militia as who knows what mysteries it might unlock. Only potential problem is it's link to an aspect of death... I shall plan to investigate these Netherese places more, we ought to try to return to the stonelands ruins some time, the start we made there was significant, and the cypher might give an insight into the Netherese language, hopefully.- T.

Section Two: The Recipe

Chaos Brew is pure chaos, in a vial. In theory, the potion is simple. Simply find a source chaotic energy, refine it, bottle it. However, there are various points at which this process may result in unfortunate mishaps. Our task is to first find sources of chaotic energy and ascertain their usefulness in producing a Brew. Large-scale production of the product requires a steady supply. A caravan of Slaadi tongues, for example, might produce a number of vials, if the chaotic essence can be extracted, but it is unclear if this would be a viable source for mass production. - R.

Section Three: Inventory

This section is basically a large table, with the following headings: Item, Potency, Potential, Notes. It is clearly an inventory.

Section Four: Production

Plans for mass production might wait, at least until we have a rough idea of the logistics involved in producing a brew. - R.

// @DracoS and @cadiz_stoker - post here to add to various sections, I will add it to the ledger. Just say which section it goes in.

• Arabel City Militia

New entry added

I viewed three large infernalist stones today. My companion, an amatuer portal hunter, explained the stones worked as a portal to an infernal realm. Perhaps they could be repurposed and made into a portal to a more accomodating plane for our plans. It would, however, likely be one way. Perhaps we could open a portal to the Feywild, thereby allowing potential allies to enter? -R.

• @joekickass

Note Added

Dangrous things, I like to examine them in detail, but I suspect they won't be so easy to redirect.

• Sewer and Ruins investigation One

Objective: aquire blood of chaotic creatures (slaad for prefrence)

Limited group (myself and Raryldur)

We ventured into the sewer to aquire a blood letting dagger (rather rare on the surface it seems) and made our way to the sewer bar. On route we were attacked by a mixed group of lycanthropes.

Cat

Rat

Crocadile

Of note one was capable of casting spells, and was also carrying gems and a healers kit.. Combind with the mixed race group, I feel it safe to say the group are hardly mindless poor victum, but fully aware evil monsters.

On aquiring the dagger we went down to the ruins, while the number of hostiles was zero, the amount of treasure was hardly much better. We did find a area with a infernal statue (some greater lust monster) that had a weak mind control effect on it, additional a nearby area Weave was.. twisted in a similar and disturbing way. In a room I found text that seemed to be infernal, through I lack the depth of study to say anything past that.

Results: No blood

• Arabel City Militia

Note Added

• Storyteller [DM]

I dont know if the pillar's words are a link to a portal, but then who knows, words have power!
    i managed to work some of the text and translate it, but it is very patchy, obviously of infernal origin though.

The mask is most definitely netherese, a shame that that is in the hands of the militia as who knows what mysteries it might unlock. Only potential problem is it's link to an aspect of death...
    I shall plan to investigate these Netherese places more, we ought to try to return to the stonelands ruins some time, the start we made there was significant, and the cypher might give an insight into the Netherese language, hopefully.

Temere

• Attempting to contact the fey as we discused last eve.

https://nodebb.cityofarabel.com/topic/42906/posted-in-the-hullack-forest

Might prove fruitful in gaining a key to the Feywild.

• Arabel City Militia

Transmutor,

Speak to the Feyblood in the first instance.

Raryldur