Temon and Trash Cans

• Clearly we need more trash cans in Temon's so that people stop dropping things directly at his feet.

Apple and I were talking and I love his suggestion that in order to get to Temon, you have to click a trash can to open the dialogue, like Sesame Street's Grouch. That way you're pretty much forced to use the trash can instead of clicking 'drop item' while you're in dialogue with him.

Either that or we could have an entire maze of trash cans or a script that turns Temon hostile when you drop things on a certain map.

Think about it. It would be glorious.

• alt text

• There's probably entire industries based on picking up the stuff that adventurers literally leave on the ground

• I pick up the stuff that people drop in Temon's and trash it...

• To be fair, half the loot in quests you get you can't sell because 'plot item'. Despite it not being a plot item???
    Why don't we address that issue instead of some annoying stupid script that makes you open a trashcan when you enter the shop?

• It's marked plot so it's not stolen and can't be sold. It's so the DMs can balance the gold income from quests.

• There's 2 barrels already in Temon's though...

• Its mainly just vets playing here these days.. Who's so lazy they drop shit at Temons feet? Wouldn't Temon tell them to pick their shit up? Put a mercenary guard there with Temon that says in the description "This nasty looking guard certainly wouldn't allow you to drop crap all over the floor and wander out of the store". That's some lazy ass metagaming

• Could bring back the charity chest now that loot is a huge non issue.

• Storyteller [DM]

@redgallant said in Temon and Trash Cans:

Could bring back the charity chest now that loot is a huge non issue.

No

• Or do like we use to fine them for littering if caught

• Sorry my post was a bit over the top.. Not enough sleeping 😛

Um so I don't think a reasonable solution is to put a barrel closer. Maybe a sign? And leaving stuff there for other players is great OOC but not so great IC to leave it in front of a merchant who makes his living selling similar stuff.

• @dinolore said in Temon and Trash Cans:

Sorry my post was a bit over the top.. Not enough sleeping 😛

Um so I don't think a reasonable solution is to put a barrel closer. Maybe a sign? And leaving stuff there for other players is great OOC but not so great IC to leave it in front of a merchant who makes his living selling similar stuff.

SERVES HIM RIGHT FOR NOT BUYING IT CHEAPLY, DOESN'T IT?