To the City Militia: Investigation requisition: Damion Latok

• I ask that the Militia undertakes an investigation on Damion Latok under suspicion for the following offenses:

• Impersonation of Authority (The Council of Lord Chancellor Bhaliir)
    • Treason (undermining the defenses of Arabel)
    • Slander of the City Council

I present this poster as evidence:

@latoksinned said in End the Legion!:

[These posters replace the End the Legion Posters]

According to the decree by the council of Arabel:

• No Penal Legionnaire has ever been forced into the cloak, they have all put it on willingly when given the choice between the legion or paying a fine/being executed

• Serious Crimes are not finable offenses, regardless of what the lawbook states. Only nobles and high priests can pay a fine for serious crimes, the choices for commoners are legion or prison time.

• Legionnaires are not given orders and must volunteer for martial duties. Every legionnaire serving in wartime or guard duty in downtown volunteered for service and was not forced.

• Legionnaires only wear the cloak to ensure lawful action during their time in the cloak and serve the community. They are not ordered servants and are free to conduct their own business and travel as long as they do not break the law.

• At no time has any militia member put a cloak on someone after being ordered to, they received to order to "cloak" someone and then gave the criminal the choice to wear the cloak or pay the fine.

If any of these statements contradict with the real and truthful cases of legion service, I ask witnesses to contact me so an investigation into misuse of the legion can be initiated. If these statements are true 100% of the time, then the legion may not actually be slavery, but if they are not, well, then we still have a problem on our hands.

Also of important note, it is now considered treason and a capital offense to call the legion slavery, according to today's decree by the council of Arabel.

In this Poster, the man impersonates an official representative of my council and declares these false decrees as fact:

"Serious Crimes are not finable offenses, regardless of what the lawbook states. Only nobles and high priests can pay a fine for serious crimes, the choices for commoners are legion or prison time." - This is an untruthful statement where a comment made by one of my council members has been taken out of context and presented as fact. Slander against the Council- that borders sedition.

"Legionnaires are not given orders and must volunteer for martial duties. Every legionnaire serving in wartime or guard duty in downtown volunteered for service and was not forced." This slanderous decree undermines the security of Arabel, as it liberates all legionaries from the command of the City Militia.

Overall, this poster is troubling, made by a man that has been repeatedly confronted to cease these false accusations where he deems Penal Legion equal to Slavery. His ignorance and inability to understand reason places his mental health into question. I request that the City Militia has these posters torn down as soon as possible for the security of Arabel. I will leave it up to the Lord Captain Dauntinghorn to go through this evidence as presented.

Humanity will Prosper
    Lord Bhaliir