Remove seraph spiders from quests or at least tone their number down

• These mobs are THE most unfun mobs after weave cleaners, they have 1 purpose: to roll a 20 and take your buffs. Some party combos are causing them to spawn 4 at a time. They remove EVERYTHING when they hit. Where is the fun in this monster? Especially in numbers. I suggest removing them completely from most stuff or at the very least, make them max 1 per spawn!

• DMs

Please make a bug report with the following information:

• Area Name
    • Frequency of spawn
    • Quest Name
    • Describe the party which triggered the large number of seraph spiders

• From personal experience, I have seen these mobs spawn in packs of 5 - 7 (maybe more?) with a level 8/9, or 2 level 9's, with one summon present. Summons are capable of minimalizing their effects, but without summons? These are some of the most annoying things to fight.

The specific quest I have seen large numbers of spawns in is Hanse tree.

• DMs

@puffy said in Remove seraph spiders from quests or at least tone their number down:

Please make a bug report with the following information:

• Area Name
    • Frequency of spawn
    • Quest Name
    • Describe the party which triggered the large number of seraph spiders

^
    |
    |
    |

This is a helpful way to make sure we can fix the issue. I had no idea Seraph Spiders dispelled at all. I've both never used them, and never had one dispel my character before. Sometimes, creatures are created by DMs who do not know module balance, and forget to document odd-ball powers like these.

Hell, honestly, I still don't know wtf a weave cleaner is or why we have them. I keep meaning to delete them since I can't even figure them out, and they don't seem to be used anywhere.

• DMs

@mr-moloch said in Remove seraph spiders from quests or at least tone their number down:

Hell, honestly, I still don't know wtf a weave cleaner is or why we have them. I keep meaning to delete them since I can't even figure them out, and they don't seem to be used anywhere.

Weave cleaners were a Helmlands spawn version of a living dispel, mostly used in Redwood and the Redwood ruins. I don't think they are in use anymore.

• @mr-moloch

I can help,

Hanse sewers, through out the sewer area.
    Party of 2 lvl 6s 1lvl 9 a lvl 11 can’t remember the last person’s lvl.
    Saw spawns of 2-3 seriph spiders.

• Seraph spiders dispell?

I always thought they were just super weak but neat looking wraith or phase spiders. Don't think they're problematic tbh. Fighters shredded them. They just counter op self buffing cleric combat builds. 😉

• I mean sure, 1 is no issue, but when it's 2 ppl and you get 4, each with 2 attacks per round and semi durable, decent ac... one hit and everything goes. They don't just do a regular dispel, every time i've been hit, they take EVERYTHING.

(Posted what puffy suggested under moloch's bug fixes)

• @zargen-of-zandor said in Remove seraph spiders from quests or at least tone their number down:

@mr-moloch

I can help,

Hanse sewers, through out the sewer area.
    Party of 2 lvl 6s 1lvl 9 a lvl 11 can’t remember the last person’s lvl.
    Saw spawns of 2-3 seriph spiders.

Level 10.

• DMs

Seraph spiders were plot related monsters that probably need at the least, renaming, at the most, deleting, and as a compromise, re-naming and rebalancing to reflect the change.

At least.... I think they were plot related monsters....

• I see them regularily and in numbers in Hanse. They are annoying, but not truely threatening. The worst thing about them is that they can dispel your streght buff, and then make travelling back to arabel a slow and frustrating slog.

• It's true. The annoying part comes when you're 2 manning it (as often happens when numbers are low) and only one person is a melee.... they're semi durable with decent ac and get a lot of rolls in before dying..... 1x 20 and it's bye bye all buffs.