Remove ring of positive resistance from stores

• There's a tradition that there are 3 types of damage that are supposed to be unblockable, positive, mage and divine.

I feel it's not a good idea to have items with high resistance to any of these damage types so easily available and they should be removed.

• This is not accurate.

On CoA only one damage type is supposed to be Unblockable, and that is magic damage. You can svoid taking magic damage, for instance the shield spell, but there is no DR due to taking magic damage to simulate I'll defined sources, like falling down.

Divine is just rare.
    Positive is even more rare, but it's due to a rarity in sources that actually do positive damage. If we have sources for positive damage, there should be availability of DR on par with negative.

• I'm 90% sure the only unblockable energy type is supposed to be Divine, as that is used in the bleedout script. Positive is really really rare to encounter, except for a few weapons. Magic damage is more common in spells, but has a few items that give some odd % of immunities.

• You can buy a 10 positive resist ring for 1k gold currently.

• That's a bit too high and cheap >>

• @locke said in Remove ring of positive resistance from stores:

That's a bit too high and cheap >>

That statement is accurate; where's the problematic ring?

• With the amount of Hammer spams from warshamans, gnome cultists, slaads etc, it would be nice to have a positive DR item somewhere.

• HoG is divine

• Still. It hurts.

• @mr-moloch said in Remove ring of positive resistance from stores:

@locke said in Remove ring of positive resistance from stores:

That's a bit too high and cheap >>

That statement is accurate; where's the problematic ring?

I know there's one being sold by the emrchant on undead isle, not sure if it's found anywhere else.

• @CrystalRL
    @golw

Positive damage is the damage type the dm's decided should never have a resistance, and should never appear on gear.

Mainly because there are more instances of magic damage on spells and such than there are of positive (same with divine)

• @chips said in Remove ring of positive resistance from stores:

@CrystalRL
    @golw

Positive damage is the damage type the dm's decided should never have a resistance, and should never appear on gear.

Mainly because there are more instances of magic damage on spells and such than there are of positive (same with divine)

That's what my memory was telling me as well >.>

• As well as vulnerabilities. We do have 5% vulnerability items from Sussur, meaning we can't use magic for the bleedout script. I think some items also give divine vulnerability.

However, there are no items with positive, which makes it safe, provided there's no resistance.

• I have something that reads it dose 1d6/2 levels of positive. Though I have only seen it cap at 18 damage and I am lvl 8

• Yes. Spells that deal positive damage are few and extremely uncommon. Also, most of the sorc kits are broken.

You can find that as an alteration, but I believe it also has far lower damage than its sister spells.

TBH, even that should probably be changed to magic damage. Positive does admittedly make sense for it, but magic can work.

• @golw said in Remove ring of positive resistance from stores:

This is not accurate.

On CoA only one damage type is supposed to be Unblockable, and that is magic damage. You can svoid taking magic damage, for instance the shield spell, but there is no DR due to taking magic damage to simulate I'll defined sources, like falling down.

Divine is just rare.
    Positive is even more rare, but it's due to a rarity in sources that actually do positive damage. If we have sources for positive damage, there should be availability of DR on par with negative.

This would be try except that we have been trying to transition all "Script only" sources of damage to....

Positive!

For a while now.

So, yes, this ring needs to be destroyed, along with literally anything at all, that interacts with positive damage in any way whatsoever.

Creates positive damage
    Resists
    Blocks
    Vulnerability.

Anything at all, if it says positive, it should be reported as it needs to be removed.

• @locke said in Remove ring of positive resistance from stores:

I'm 90% sure the only unblockable energy type is supposed to be Divine, as that is used in the bleedout script. Positive is really really rare to encounter, except for a few weapons. Magic damage is more common in spells, but has a few items that give some odd % of immunities.

It -shuold- use positive.

If you could bug report it or something that'd be handy.

Also anything else that seems like a script is doing damage, and it isnt positive, please report.