A Dictum, to his Highness Azoun Rhigaerd Palaghard Duar Obarskyr V, from his loyal subject, Foril Theodore Silbrinel Bhaliir

• To his Highness Azoun Rhigaerd Palaghard Duar Obarskyr V,

Dragon Prince of Cormyr, Right Royal Duke of Suzail, King Ascendant of the Dragon Throne,
    Stagmaster of the Realm, Lord Admiral of the Western Fallen Star Waves

From his loyal subject, Lord Foril Theodore Silbrinel Bhaliir,

Lord Paramount of House Bhaliir, Lord Commander of the Stormkeep, Protectorate of Arabel,
    Oversword of the Northern Marches, Acting Warden of Arabel

This week, it is my duty to inform his majesty that the backbone of the fair folk was broken, and the deception of my once beloved protege was uncovered. Chaos spread throughout the city, as the elected chancellor had her hands full fighting rebel forces that have been fueled by all that has happened inside the last month.

The scandals caused by the dramatic resignation of Lady Elestra Thundersword, outrage and influx caused by a new adventurers tax, the threats on the existence of major temples, the involvement of Thayans in bloodstone removal and lastly the discovery of her blatant lies to conceal her true patron that is the God of Corruption itself- Gargauth -to gain the highest office his majesty has ever granted to the common man- have all mounted to a tarnished city, and growing distraught.

Her inability to compromise and listen combined with the threats of treason at slightest sight of opposition voiced by her own ministers have incapacitated her own cabin. These ministers are leaving the council in response, and when the reasonable folk want nothing to do with her sinking ship, she further fosters centralization of power by taking up the responsibilities of these former positions herself, or hires demon-spawn to act in her name.

Today, we face the consequences of these actions. A month is to be left before the next elections, yet the high points of this drama has lost the security of the city in the process. Martial law has now been declared and my forces have been forced to move in to pacify the chaotic situation and offer solace to the beloved subjects of his majesty. This started, when the attempt on her life by her former warden- who she herself named- spilled on the streets, causing further strife and discord.

As much as it hurts me to say this, the Elodie that was elected no longer appears the confident woman that was to lead Arabel to a better future. Her ignorance has caused more harm than good. She has lost the confidence of both the common man, the faith- and the nobility. Men plead that I'd do what is necessary and remove her from office in order to instill the future that was promised to Arabel. I hesitate and decline, for such drastic action requires his Majesties approval. And even then, I fear for the lives that could be lost in the process- for it is unlikely my once beloved protege will give up her seat of power, peacefully.

I thus await your word, my king. I, your most loyal liege of Old Town and House Bhaliir, who embraced the Fount of Honor and pledged by vows before the Dragon Throne. You embraced me as a brother and welcomed my family from self-imposed exile- and for this, I will never forget my promise to you. I serve ever your vision, my king- and remain at your disposal whenever called upon.

Faithfully yours, today and tomorrow, when the sun sets, and rises,

0_1522593926128_signature (2).png
    alt text

• DMs

Lord Foril Theodore Silbrinel Bhaliir

The King Azoun V has obtained your letter. While the questionable choices of the Chancellor Elodie are of concern to the King, there is no evidence that any of the nation's laws have been broken. While you level the charge that her patron deity is the Hidden Lord himself, this of itself, is without evidence beyond your word as unquestionable as that is. We do not have evidence, nor even formal statement to indicate how this was gained.

The treasonous behavior of Christoph can not be repeated with an illegal movement to silence his Majesty's venture to support Arabel's independence through this exercise in democratic self-rule for the city. If suitable proof can be provided that the Chancellor has presented false statements to gain her electoral victory; new elections can be scheduled with additional safeguards or the King may appoint a temporary Chancellor to develop and define a better path forward to allowing the city to practice its self rule wisely.

We feel we must also note an important point, the King's efforts to expand the protectorate of Cormyr itself are at stake in this. We will find it difficult to gain the surrender of cities, the acceptance of our offers of protection, and expansion of the Cormyrian commonwealth along the sea and through the Dales; even into Sembia, if we demonstrate we can not allow for the autonomy of Arabel.

Let us find the path of wisdom in this. Your words will be duly considered Lord Bhaliir by the King himself and his War Wizards.

Westar
    Herald of Suzail

• Westar,

Yours is a name that every Arabellian should know, for to us it holds the highest level of assurity and knowledge. Your years of service in blind devotion to the well-being of Arabel has not been forgotten, nor is the deep insight you passed on to the folk of Arabel- for common and lord alike. It is wonderful your efforts have not gone unnoticed- as you have found your place in the Royal Court itself- at our blessed Kings side.

Based on your response, I understand you continue act as an advisor to His Majesty regarding legal matters in Northern Cormyr. As such, I understand why your opinion may be skewed by a need for criminal charges to persecute proper response to this dire situation.

When one undermines the capability and security of a nations settlement through means of sabotage, in a court of Cormyr such men will quickly be found guilty for the heinous crime of treason- and hanged. Often, this term is associated with men who openly perform acts as brazen as those of poor Christoph Ampharen. But the latent actions to destabilize the capability and focus of our nation, smearing our good name in the process- should not be cast aside either.

The truth of her patron was revealed during her private meeting with myself. Earlier, suspicion had arisen when a devil had played its card on a group of adventurers and revealed this source of corruption in the city in exchange for its life. Doubtful, but concerned, I revealed the revelation of Elodie, who took no time to deny the allegations as she thought I would not reveal her secret. In truth, she had broken my trust, for she had kept this a secret even from me. Now, because of this there's finally reason to her apparent attempt at corrupting a ring worn by myself, the forging of which both the former Warden and the Chancellor were present. Her lust for power and intent is shrouded in mystery.

As there's no denying her allegiance to the god of Corruption, I fear she is an agent of chaos sent to destabilize the regiment of the Northern Marches. The reckless attitude and ostentatious accent seems to attest to this. The people are disgruntled, Elodie Ledoux has lost the popular vote. The support of the nobility- is non-existent. Something must be done, sooner than later.

I will wait the kings wisdom on this matter, Westar. Meanwhile, His Majesty can count on his men in the north to do what is necessary to preserve the peace.

Lord Bhaliir

• Westar,

I request a letter of Marquee by his Majesty issued to investigate the chancellors supposed criminal activities against the Forest Kingdom. The Northern Marches remain restless, and clarity must be provided to the people of Arabel, if this matters is to be resolved and the faith of the folk restored.

To this letter of Marquee, I will see a worthy man appointed as inquisitor- a man that will ensure all stones are turned, and no question is left unanswered. In turn, necessary changes can be made, and this matter can finally be put to rest.

Lord Bhaliir

• DMs

The king will look favorably upon this, but must consider who will carry this burden to deliver the king's truth and law in Arabel? Is there a candidate you have in mind worthy of this trust?

A member of the peerage or a respected Purple Dragon officer seem to be ideal.

Westar

• I have two candidates who will be fit to carry the duty of this mantle with the honor and dedication it deserves. It is either the son of Lord Dauntinghorn residing here in Arabel- or a decorated Pathfinder from my battalion.

Lord Bhaliir

• A Purple Dragon Courier delivers the envelope, sealed by wax displaying the notorious insignia of house Bhaliir.

Esteemed Westar,

Sir Evander Dauntinghorn has accepted the greatest of responsibility to hold this letter of Marquee, and to investigate the grave allegations regarding my protege Elodie Ledoux, and her crimes against the Kingdom of Cormyr. As a neutral candiate and a reluctant participator in local politics, I see no better man for the job- and he has sworn to leave no stone turned, or question unanswered.

To perform his task thoroughly as appointed by his Majesty, he further requests the following rights bestowed upon him through this Royal letter of Marquee:

• Access to Arabel Council Files - To Investigate how decisions have been made, and how she was involved.
    • Access to City Militia Files - To investigate what pawns, or appointees of her might have been involved in.

Furthermore, he trusts that royal leniency will be offered to would-be co-conspirators and allies who aid him during this investigation. I've personally sworn the aid of the Battalion should need arise.

Lord Bhaliir

• DMs

Consider such powers and privileges now granted by the seal of King Azoun V.

such seal is embossed with magical runes and wax upon a parchment clearly defining the rights of the bearer

//I or another DM can try to provide the player with this in-game if they need, what's a forum account too so I can add the bloke?

• OOC: @Savn

• A brief letter is delivered with the next Courier from the North.

Westar,

Valiant Kraliqh has ever served the city diligently. His devotion to the Crown of Cormyr remains strong. Why should this man of proud blue blood continue to live ashamed, without the rights of his family? What disgraceful act caused this proud lineage to fall from the favor of his majesty? I seek understanding- and call for the kings justice- and mercy.

Lord Bhaliir

• Westar,

The Situation in Arabel is dire. Some of the populace demand the head of Elodie, while others stand in her defense. I have myself managed to open negotiations with her- and she is willing to come in, and offer the spark in service of Cormyr. Yet- she fears the wrath of the war wizards.

She wants the word of the King- that her life will be spared if she is to surrender into the Penal Legion- and use the Spark in Cormyrs name to stop the threats of our nation.

Will the king bless her with this second chance and grant her a contract to serve the nation through the penal legion of Arabel? This is all she asks, and I must forward this to the Royal Court- for only his Majesty can deny the war wizards in this.

Lord Bhaliir

• DMs

[The response is hand delivered to Lord Bhaliir by a serious looking War Wiizard Archmage. Perhaps an ominous sign or merely the most expedient method]

This letter is most unhappy and distressing. Your family line has been restored and you have been entrusted with great authority to govern the people and thereby allowing His loyal subjects unprecedented voice in their affairs. His Majesty remains optimistic that despite recent events, this dream will be realized and looks on with great hope that a true and worthy council will soon be formed for His peoples.

The Traitor Elodie Ledoux is a stain upon all of Cormyr regardless of station. Her fate shall be for the Chancellor and Arabel Council to decide. His Majesty awaits a favorable decision and resolution in His name so His people may be content and joyous.

The reclamation of the Spark is vital to the interests of Cormyr and all lands that would stand against darkness and cruelty. Secure this mighty item for the Crown so the conflict costing the blood of many Cormyte Sons and Daughters may come to a swift and victorious conclusion.

His Majesty wishes you continued success in your endeavors and it will bring a great disappointment to Him should you fail.

~Seal of The Council Royal~

• DMs

Word has come that a mighty engagement has occurred. The council does await your forthcoming account with keen interest. A smaller yet still of import is the current state of the Bishopric granted to the Church of Akadi, under the guidance of Mistral Ophirae MIavre. Clarity is important and His Majesty most fervently desires the safe guarding and continued prosperity for his peoples in that reclaimed village and the realm. Your proposal for the fate of the village is hereby ordered.

~Seal of the Council Royal~
    @Lord-Bhaliir

• To his Highness Azoun Rhigaerd Palaghard Duar Obarskyr V,

Dragon Prince of Cormyr, Right Royal Duke of Suzail, King Ascendant of the Dragon Throne,
    Stagmaster of the Realm, Lord Admiral of the Western Fallen Star Waves

From his loyal subject, Lord Foril Theodore Silbrinel Bhaliir,

Lord Paramount of House Bhaliir, Lord Commander of the Stormkeep, Protectorate of Arabel,
    Oversword of the Northern Marches, Lord Chancellor of Arabel

It is my esteemed honor to inform his gracious Majesty of the GLORIOUS triumph by the brave sons and daughters of Cormyr against our long-standing enemy, as the Coalition Of the United Northern Territory formed from the Many Faiths, mercenaries and militia of the Northern Realm were lead by the Storm Dragon Battalion and emerged with crushing victory against the overwhelming forces of the undead Isle of Vorenthia, and ending at last this notorious menace of our society and stain to the true blue bloods- the disgraced lord Thraesus Manzahar.

This story began years ago- when Manzahar was slain at his own family estate under house arrest, and his possessed Aegis of Necromancy found its way back to Arabel through adventurers competing in Thayan arena. Causing calamities in his Majesties realm the moment it had returned, it eventually came under investigation of Rabdahr Wyrmlocke, who was authorized by the College of War Wizards to study its very essence. It didn't take long before the spirit of Manzahar corrupted and consumed my powerful house mage, and returned himself to existence. Through series of notorious events that soon followed, he regained his former support and undead hordes and used them to manipulate notorious criminals such as Hronk the "Sewer King of Arabel"- to cause further chaos and suffering. By reaching the core of the Lair of Temptation, Manzahar gained the essence of the Purple Dragon Thaugrol, using it to make himself godlike.

Yet it was not this divine essence that ensured his reign of terror. Manzahars forces stood in open defiance against the great Dragon Throne itself for months, for the forces of Cormyr were divided by this master of manipulation and our petty differences. In the beginning, my house alone fought against his influence, and we eventually managed to buy the Chosen of Malar and his pack to hunt down and retrieve the Aegis of Necromancy. But this was only a partial victory caused by brief alliance held together through sheer greed alone, and it did not withstand the test of time. Thus each force that followed in our footstep to fight him on their own, such as the Golden Guards- lost their skirmishes, and thus the ploys of Manzahar were allowed to continue.

Yet thankfully, in time this made him arrogant, and blind to his own flaws. In this last month, he re-emerged from his hiatus and began targeting the settlements and infrastructure of his Majesties country. During this endless game of cat and mouse, the power of his propaganda began to wear off, as the defenders of Cormyr started to see through his many ruses. When this man openly declared his assault against Bishopric of Tilverton- the last straw was drawn.

This mad move was the key I needed to at last unite the divided forces of the North under one banner as the Coalition Of the United Northern Territory. Through series of War councils, a battle plan was forged for the defense of the Eastern Coastline- and the counter-assault on the undead isle of Vorenthia. At the eve of battle, I authorized the usage of the Aegis of Necromancy against Manzahar, and at opportune time it broke his concentration and focus with its necromantic overflow. With minimal casualties, the Coalition Of the United Northern Territory crushed the horde of Manzahar in what was to be a brief assault to the barricades of Tilverton.

I then had the defenders prepare for the next stage of this crucial night, as the Priestess of Tempus predicted a crushing victory in the name of the Foehammer. From the docks of East Way our fleet would depart to the Isle of Undead to confront the undead host of Vorenthia and the disgraced house of Manzahar. Fortune favored the bold, as the heroes of the North clashed into the diminished undead horde, and as predicted and promised- the selfish agents of Manzahar that the Battlelord of Tempus had confronted- turned on their master and opened the gates of the great Castle of Vorenthia. Thus siege that would cost us years and countless lives was avoided- as the courtyard was swarmed by the Coalition. At the Castle, we found the misguided deserter of my own finest men, Early, standing beside Manzahar- and together they met their end that day- Manzahar, by my own hand.

To end this story, Lord Captain Dauntinghorn of Arabel's Finest burned the traitor Vorenthia, and our forced torched the rest of the Castle. The island began to sunk and our forces retreated to the ships- with glory in our hearts- and victory in our hands. I thus bring forth this moment of triumph and justice to his Majesty, and moment of peace to my people. The Northern Marches are at last free from the draining influence of Vorenthia, and Its people are free from its tormentor. And thus- humanity will continue to prosper.

As for the future of the Bishopric granted to the Church of Akadi. Mistral Ophirae Miavre has gone missing, and our agents have been unable to find her. As such, the Bishopric was leaderless for weeks- yet the retainer of House Dauntinghorn Miss Ashwood, and the High Priest of Gond Christoph Ampharen- both appear to have taken her place. The fate of the Bishopric will be discussed in the Court of Arabel, before a proposal is delivered to his Majesties Council Royal.

Faithfully yours, today and tomorrow, when the sun sets, and rises,

0_1522593926128_signature (2).png
    alt text

• DMs

Lord Bhaliir,

The council thanks you for your report and applauds the efforts of you and those under your command. See that the Arabel council meets and deliberates with alacrity. The Council Royal wishes you to begin preparations for the overdue elections. His Majesty has indicated that even in the face of recent failure, that the empowerment of His Peoples precedes. Draw up your recommendations for the Arabel Council format and present a timeframe. ((Likely thinking the election end of May but needs to start being considered by folks ICly))

In closing, confirm if it was intent or oversight that you would lower yourself and dishonor to the name of Bhaliir and indeed all the Noble class, thus insulting His Majesty with crude and base language. Intent or oversight, such a clumsy attempt at wit and cleverness has tarnished your standing among polite society. See that such never happens again. The Bhaliir family has seen a remarkable waxing. It would be regrettable if anything were to impede it's continued favor.

Herald Westar
    per Council Royal

//Stop with the silly incorporation of offensive words please. Also this was the KING you wrote to.....//

• [The earlier letter to the Court is resent with a slight revisal, alongside a note to the Herald of Suzail]

My dear Westar,

Yes I see. I truly thank you for notifying me of this terrible mishandling of my personal letter to his esteemed Majesty. The peasant acting as my scribe apparently forgot to bold the O from one of the initials.. Coalition Of the United Northern Territory is what it should've stood as. Its acronym C.O.U.N.T- was reference to the self-proclaimed title of Manzahar. I found it to be most suitable (and slightly humorous- as that title is long defunct in Cormyr).

I will have the peasant flogged for his failure to perform this simple job. I can only hope that the actions of my Court and Council have done enough to validate the confidence of his Majesty in myself to continue serving his noble desire for the rights of the sons and daughters of Cormyr. Among other impending tasks, there's no mission greater for myself than serving the Will and Wisdom of his Majesty. For his, is the vision of our future prosperity.

~ Lord Bhaliir

• DMs

Lord Bhaliir,

As many on the Council Royal hoped, it was a mere error and do ask leniency for His Majesty's people. Your efforts continue to please His Majesty and many in the Court. We await eagerly for your recommendations and news of your continued success.

Herald Westar
    Per Royal Council

• Herald Westar,

The Council of Arabel will hereby present to the Dragon Throne the following proposal: the Bishopric of Akadi is to be dismantled, its land returned to the Crown, and in its stead a Council should rise to take the place of honored Mistral Miavrye- where the largest faith with an official representative, the Crown of Cormyr and the People of Tilverton will each have a voice and a seat of their own.

As the Crowns representative, I would appoint either Pathfinder Daxx, or retainer Ashwood from House Dauntinghorn. As the representative of faith, Christoph Ampharen is the most likely candidate. And as for the representative of the People of Tilverton- the Council leaves this for the people of Tilverton to decide, though Zuzana of the Tilverton Glade is the most likely option at current time.

Humanity will prosper,
    Lord Bhaliir