Arkham Warlock last edited by
I've had this thought in the back of my head for a while: I have a plethora of fun concepts I'd love to do someday, but I always feel rail-roaded by something when it comes time to create or apply for them. I'm sure many of you have felt that way before. So, in the positive spirit of giving, I wanted to start up the Concept Exchange thread. Rules are simple.
- Briefly describe a concept for a character you've wanted to run but either couldn't/didn't have time to/weren't allowed. It has to be one you don't mind sharing with others and letting them have it.
- These don't necessarily have to be application concepts, either.
- Include a build with it if you want, but put it in a spoiler window so the thread isn't overwhelmed with stats.
- Be courteous, and discuss the particulars of a concept or build in Discord rather than here. Concepts only here, please.
I'll go ahead and start with one.
- Half-Dragon (Silver) / Sorcerer / Conjuration/Evocation Focus
- Imbued with the blood of his noble father, the Ascendant is a potent sorcerer who travels to Arabel following in the pilgrimage path of Bahamut. The Platinum Dragon had once taken the guise of an old man and walked the land, asking for advice from those who considered themselves leaders. This inevitably lead Bahamut to discuss leadership with the Azoun dynasty. The Ascendant, highly devoted to the teachings of Bahamut, seeks to immortalize the passage of the Platinum Dragon and firmly establish that route as a point of pilgrimage for the faith.
- I would recommend a group application with one or more dragonborn paladin members of the Platinum Cadre.
- The Conjuration/Evocation focus capitalizes on ice-based spells or spells that can have an ice flavor to them (i.e., Ice Dagger, Slow, Ice Storm, etc.) to represent the frost motif of being a silver half-dragon.
Shagga's Many Wives
I have always wanted to do this one, but never had the time.
Shagga the half orc was kicked out of his tribe, and his woman left him. Wandering the land, he seeks to find a worthy soul mate to be his forever. Someone who will cook and clean for him and be the bestest wife a man can ask for.
What the concept entails:
Shagga will travel around Arabel using his trusty rope and wedding sack to court female player characters with 14 charisma or higher.
Once said woman is captured with the wedding sack, Shagga will find a cleric to marry them together. A cursed ring of marriage is placed on her finger to ensure loyalty. Till death do them part.
Once a target is successfully wifed, Shagga will try to get another wife to keep her company and help her cook and clean.
The end goal of the concept is to 'marry' as many women as possible.
Ranger:. Select potential wives as Preferred enemy
Barbarian:. For maximum wedding sack usage
Rogue:. To better capture unaware wives with sneak attack
Shagga can be any class, but one with at least 18 strength to help with the wedding sack is ideal. You can dump charisma. It's not used much in this concept.
Discipline to help deal with wife drama
Concentration to make sure you can focus during her frequent talking.
If Shagga has steath skills, it will also help him stalk his potential soul mate better
If Shagga has spot and listen, he can detect potential wives easier.
WabbitSeason last edited by WabbitSeason
One I had to drop but I still really like:
Cultist of Garagos/Blood
Any Evil character
Refuse to call Tempus by his name, instead only refer to him as the God of War
Seek to lionize bloodshed and encourage others already engaged in killing to offer their enemy's blood to the God of War (ideally for presents)
Make yourself useful by fighting the enemies of Arabel, as you want to form your cult within it (and ideally by causing carnage in the process)
Antagonize pacifists by doing bloody rituals on sacred ground (e.g. outside Pool of Eldath)
Seek to become a popular enough leader of this War Cult that the Church has to grant you a place in their clergy to avoid giving rise to a heresy outside their control
Or if relegated to a heresy, seek demonic sponsorship to gain "supernatural power" that you can masquerade as Divine Providence.
End games (one of):
- Replace the Tempun Church's leadership with Blood Cultists, locally or nationally
- Corrupt Tempus Himself into becoming Garagos, causing his over-extension in subsuming so many aspects of War to splinter and once again turn the pantheon of War into a madhouse.
- Purge the Tempun Church from Arabel in a Divine March and have the Blood Cult take their place (more fun if you got demonic sponsorship that wants to collect its part of the bargain from your followers' souls)
Gruffman last edited by
//So.. I came up with this rather difficult concept way back when Total War Shogun came out. I'm not sure if anyone remembers this, but there was a perk your guys could choose once of significant level that when they are surrounded, they would choose to fight to the death instead of running away.//
Group concept, suggested players of 3+
This would be essentially a cult however a band of adventurers or mercenaries or whatever could work too.
Those Who stand and die:
-Any chaotic/fanatical alignment.
-Can worship any of the Gods of Death or War.
-Be seen as violent offenders of the worst sort. Fighting is -always a competition, even amongst themselves. They must compete to be the best or overthrow the guy who is the best.
-Searching for an epic death. I always saw this as a single-life/permadeath concept. the idea would be this group is looking to spend every waking second of their lives searching for the best possible bloodsoaked scenario to get the attention of the gods they serve and become legends themselves.
-They will seek out mundane weapons and 'bless them' by making them part of their story. Completing incredible feats wielding these mundane objects.
-Someone with this concept might try and apply for fear immunity, considering one of the intrinsic parts of this concept would be excitement during a fight consisting of overwhelming odds stacked against them.
classes would be:
Ranger/Rogue/Barbarian/Fighter or any combination really. I think if you bend the dogma enough you could get any class to fill in here.
//Now that I've finished this I think @WabbitSeason and I have a very similar concept and maybe we should hang out in V6 sometime
Something I've always wanted to run as a way to get better at PVP (personally) and make for a cool story was the idea of a College of War.
The idea would be to have a basic curriculum that taught things like team tactics, personal preparedness and so forth that people could sign up to for cost of consumables/whatever and then more advanced courses that raised stakes for fights.
Members of the College would wear distinct clothes/cloaks to differentiate themselves from adventurers, but would hire adventurers and stuff to participate in these battles. The battles would be randomized with a chart for stuff like terrain and time of day/whatever. Ultimately the idea would be to figure out the best strategies to win a battle and teach those in the common curriculum.
To give it a more cult-like feel, the truly advanced classes would end in the death of the team captain (exclusively). Turns out the college is preparing for a war against an extra planar threat following some archaic prophecy- or just really, really want to breed the best general the world has ever seen.
I still might run it some day, but I don't think I'll ever have the pvp chops to pull it off.
Cadiz last edited by
Mystra and her followers are anathema to those that follow the true goddess of magic, Shar.
Those most blessed are chosen when their blood born skills become apparent to the Sharran priests, and the young sorcerers are taken into the temple to be taught the correct view of the world.
As they grow and develop their sorcerous powers within the safety of the temples they are indoctrinated into a loathing of the mystra view of magic and those that hold it. As the sorcerers grow stronger they are taught combat skills to complement their use of Shar's gifts creating a melange of martial and magical power focused with one purpose... to eliminate Mystra's church and ultimately facilitate the ascendance of Shar as the true goddess of all magic.
Basically the idea is to create a range (probably for stealth and tracking) that uses the sharran sorc abilities to hunt and kill mages.
They will abhor the casters of mystras weave, and seek to eliminate them where possible, interfere with any plans they know of, etc etc
Selunites could be similarly targetted as Shar/Selune are also antagonistic.
Mechanically i would suggest Sorc4/ranger x to allow 2nd level spells to boost damage and give thematic appearances, ranger provides some stealth, skill points and tracking, and full Ab.
potentially shadow dancer or assasin prcs could be suitable eventually depending on development.