Suggested Change: Healing Kits

• Currently, healing kits weigh 0.5 a piece and a recurring (But not majority) opinion is that they're not worth it after a certain while.

A lot of it comes down to inventory concerns, therefore I suggest this:

Change healing kits to have x amount of charges per use, make them something like a satchel that takes up less space but has a number of charges and incentivizes taking points in Heal over spamming wands or potions.

• DMs

A +3 or +6 kit can heal a level 10 fighter for their entire health, though perhaps we could stand to have healing kits with multiple uses of it for less weight?

• I like this idea.

• I'm fine with that too. I think it's along the lines of what I was suggesting, just a multiple use heal kit instead of having to give up precious valuable inventory space (critical for clerics who are the most likely users of said kits).

• Yeah the kits effectiveness I don't think is in question- The investment in Heal (Or Craft Armor in my case) generally pays off hugely.

I would like it to be a little more convenient, either by reducing the weight or enabling multiple uses for each kit I guess, so I can get behind this suggestion.

• Since we already have custom healing kits...

I would recommend an item called "healing satchel" (probably satchel +1, +3, +6, +10) with a low weight. If you use a healing kit on it, it gains a charge. If you use it, it acts as a kit and removes a charge.

• @crystalrl

This idea is actually so amazing. +1

• Great suggestion!

• Please, yes!

• DMs

@crystalrl said in Suggested Change: Healing Kits:

Since we already have custom healing kits...

I would recommend an item called "healing satchel" (probably satchel +1, +3, +6, +10) with a low weight. If you use a healing kit on it, it gains a charge. If you use it, it acts as a kit and removes a charge.

Not that hard to script.

• I would suggest removing then AC penalty when under effect of the kit as well.

• DMs

@chinatown

I tend to agree, mostly because it can potentially cause a permanent AC bug

Looks like your connection to City of Arabel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.