Hillmarch Springs

• I've used them alot for casual RP with alot of different people - If it's not too late, would the DM team be adverse to putting them back in?

Is there a negative to having them there even if not used? It's another option for places where people can RP that isn't the spire and usual inns.

• The area doesn't even make sense. The Helmlands and the Hillmarch are some of the most dangerous areas in the Arabellan region and there's just a random spring with employees and tents and everything in the middle of it? What?

I'd be all for having one put in elsewhere- Put one up north, on Marliir's March near the transition to Starwater. I don't mind these areas as long as they make sense, and that one did not at all.

• @HellzYeah Fair enough Hellz- It's just nice to have a warm hot springs where it never rains to RP in.

• DMs

Dwarven Hot Springs, show your chest bush.

• @SpiffyMeister I'm down cow

• DMs

But yea, seriously-

Imagine a nuclear test area, then in the middle of it, a sauna with people who do your nails.

It made literally no sense.

• i kind of think that it was placed in to give an area that elementals do roam regularly for all those druids out there to be able to recharge staffs.

there were low level ones that lowbie druids could potentially use, rather than having to go into the UD to try to find something that wasnt a huge earth elelmental.

the area made no sense in the setting but was useful (or rather the caves under it were but they can be placed elsewhere)

• Yup- Agreeing with all of you- I never really thought about the fact it was the "hillmarch" springs, as much as it was the hot springs. On that note, any reason you can't copy the area, slap in a transition in the stonelands to it and call it a day?

• Suggestion: Move the area out to the desert. Near the PD camp, there's an area marked as an oasis that could easily support a transition to such a spring. Change the NPCs to PD medics and throw in a donation bowl for adventurers to use the area and support the army.

• DMs

@crystalrl said in Hillmarch Springs:

Suggestion: Move the area out to the desert. Near the PD camp, there's an area marked as an oasis that could easily support a transition to such a spring. Change the NPCs to PD medics and throw in a donation bowl for adventurers to use the area and support the army.

Why not just use the waterfall already there? It looks nice and nature, plus players use it currently. Could just add the bath script.

• @Puffy Because things can murder you there

• The old healing springs in v3-4 was a pretty place to go for choke casual RP and gag quiet time. Need another place like that for me never to go

• @khamal

Why y'gotta be such a prat about stuff like this? Not an attack, genuinely curious, because you like being super vocal about your distaste for RP not directly related to killing mobs. What's your aversion to it?

• @thetwistingwind

Make no mistake. I like RP, and try to RP when I can. Its become a sort of inside joke that I'm a quest whore who hates RP, but that could not be further from the truth. I'm a good RPer when I put effort into it.

I'm just not a fan of quiet, intimate RP involving my PC's life story and goals and fears and aspirations etc. This isn't a teen drama, its D&D where everything wants to kill you. I play it like that.

I'll tone down the snarkiness if it helps :)

• See, now that I can understand- and I get it, I still remember Moira quite fondly.

This is where text as a communication medium really falls short in convey tongue in cheek humor and stuff, I just worried we might be driving people off with stuff like 'quest or gtfo' type commentary.

Like I said, really not trying to throw shade, just seeing things play out and I start to wonder. >_>; All the hearts, Kham.

• DMs

@mrpenguin-phil said in Hillmarch Springs:

@Puffy Because things can murder you there

Personally, I like a little bit of risk. If I want to play it safe, I hang out indoors :P

• Tilverton Village

This may have been said and I may have missed it but do we currently have a "bath script" out somewhere in nature which can be used? I'm sure ranger and drood buddies wouldn't mind being able to take a nature bath in a stream or spring somewhere, anywhere, without having to come into the city and have a bath attendant.

• DMs

@latoksinned said in Hillmarch Springs:

This may have been said and I may have missed it but do we currently have a "bath script" out somewhere in nature which can be used? I'm sure ranger and drood buddies wouldn't mind being able to take a nature bath in a stream or spring somewhere, anywhere, without having to come into the city and have a bath attendant.

I think @MrMoloch added some, but I am not sure! He fixed the script at least

• DMs

There is the same thing in the Fine Hells, in fact, the entire area was just a copy and paste of the resources from the Fine Hells. It was also two areas that could be turned into two adventuring areas/two well done roleplaying areas with story and so on. But a sauna resort in the middle of Chernobyl? Um...yeah?

What it really came down to was quality control! If we have something in the module that is not fully developed, that is half-done; it should come out to make room for something that is fully implemented and useful.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that we had another hot springs in the module somewhere. Maybe it disappeared, it could come back - but should be fully done and intergrated and make sense in the module itself.

Looks like your connection to City of Arabel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.