Arabel Council

• @Fearmoho12 @Mozart-of-Orcs @verk

Council

I formally request acknowledgement as a registered group and therefore excemption from the Adventurer’s Tax based on the follow points

• We are servants of a collection of goodly gods on a sacred and anointed mission
    • I have undertaken missions to see the end of cobble demons under the direction of the council and Warden
    • I have exposed an injustice and incompetence of a member of the Council’s jusdical court.

We have the interests of the city in our hearts and seek to be an example of the Goodly virtues of Justice, Service, Compassion, Mercy, Hope, Purity, and Humility.

In service,

Serafina,
    Chained Herald of Sariel

• Dearest Serafina,

That choice ultimately falls upon our beloved councillor. Though you have my recommendation for your sterling efforts.

Sergeant Olivia Lengram
    Minister of Defence

[A note is passed on to Chancellor Elodie.]

Dearest Elodie

Our grounded Seraph has been working so hard. It would break my heart to deny her. Consider the request. We've received quite a few reports from her person and it would break my heart to see the flicker of hope in her eyes replaced by the fires of rage.

Olivia

• @Mr-Geek

Serafina,

I've heard of your progress in pursuing leaders of Cobble Demon cells, but I'm not aware of any injustice or incompetence done by either of my judges. Perhaps I have simply missed a report.

In any case, should you continue to combat the Cobble Demonz no matter which entities they claim to serve, and provide the City Council with brief weekly reports on your organisation's missions I would gladly grant you exemption.
    If this is acceptable, please provide the name of the faction you'd like officially recognised as a registered organisation as well as the names of each adventurer in your ranks.
    I'll see to the paperwork then.

Warm thoughts,

~ Elodie Ledoux ~
    Chancellor of Arabel
    Sensate of the Succubus of Sensation

• @Fearmoho12 Chancellor,

The letter must have been tucked in among the many other reports you receive but I assure you it is there. As you will read it is a grave matter and one that will set a precedent for the integrity of the Court. I have included the legal challenge I sent too the Court, the Warden as well as the Minister of Defense.

Esteemed Judges,

I sadly present this document in light of grave issues with one of your own, Sangre.

A fine of 1200 crowns has been levelled against me for Slandering of a peace official, specifically for naming her Oathbreaker.

• Challenge- The position of Council Judge was not recognized nor an official part of the Arabellan Lawbook.
    • On this point along, there is no cause for any charge or fine as a non-existent position

Challenge- A Council Judge is not a Peace Official in the eyes of the Law.

• No where in the King's Writ or the Arabel Lawbook old and revised, does it name a council Judge as a peace official. As only those given a militia badge or so deputized, may enact arrest or those do deputized may enact arrests and in the absence of specific clarification, by proxy issue fines. A judge by definitions available is therefore not a Peace Official.
    • The Judge was acting outside their office in issuing any fine.

Challenge- Appointment of Bailiff

• No where in the King's Writ or the Arabel Lawbook old and revised, does it empower a Judge to appoint a Bailiff
    • No where in the King's Writ or the Arabel Lawbook old and revised, does it acknowledge the position of Court Bailiff
    • The hiring of one Fignar to collect any monies by threat on my person or forcibly deliver me to the Courts is illegal.

Summary

I ask the courts to dismiss all charges and fine against me.
    As Judge Sangre has shown to be incompetent and lacking knowledge of the true nature of Justice, she should be censured immediately and put up for review.
    I will be filing a report with the Militia to have the Judge charged with:

• Armed/Magical Assault
    • Reckless Endangerment
    • Impersonation of Authority

Closing Summary
    The judge is does not understand the true nature of Justice and as a servant of Good and holding Justice as one of the Holy Virtues, cannot see this stand.

The judge carries sin on her soul and I offer a hand of Compassion to help her through troubles and guide her back to that which is Justice. In the time during deliberation, I will pray for the Judge's soul and salvation.

Declared by my own hand,

Serafina,
    Chained Herald in service to Sariel

• Serafina,

I'll speak with my judge. Clearly she has mistaken her duties.
    I'm a believer of second chances, so I shan't outright dismiss her, but you've my blessing to pursue the charges with the Militia.

If she's caught doing something similar again, please inform me immediately and I'll see to freeing up her role in the Council.

Warm thoughts,

~ Elodie Ledoux ~
    Chancellor of Arabel

• Chancellor,

With respect, a second chance cannot be at the expense of a miscarriage of Justice. I too am fond of Compassion and Mercy but surely Sangre needs to prove herself worthy of that position and then be given the opportunity to be re-instated.

The crimes she has committed on my person are Capital and Serious plus a minor one to the people of the city. Certainly she needs to be suspended until the investigation by the Militia and ruling by Judge Johan in these cases is handed down.

The lawbook states that Capital Crimes are considered gross and terrible offenses against public order, safety and trust. They are the most sever charges that can be levied , and apply to any noble or commoner without discretion.

I ask that the council support this law book and immediately remove the Oathbreaker pending the completion of this criminal investigation. She is unfit to carry out the Justice the people of Arabel deserve. Her path to understand the true nature of Justice ends with being re-appointed to the Council Judgeship, not fumbling for The Scales, while the lives of people hang in the balance.

I humbly and more fervently urge the council to see Justice upheld and the council protected from incompetence and injustice.

Serafina

• She's been suspended until the results of the trial, however her position's legal protections are still in place regarding this matter.
    Focus on gathering evidence for the serious and capital crimes and bring them before the Council Court where I may preside over the case with the other judges.

Johan is ill and I'd hate for a case as simple as this to place pressure on him.

Warm thoughts,

~ Elodie Ledoux ~
    Chancellor of Arabel

• With respect, I find nothing in the Law book that entitles her to any legal protection when a Capital and Serious Crime is presented. You have my statement and there were multiple witnesses. The sending that was done for all to hear should be evidence enough to proceed with the charges and a trial.

Verify the sending with that organization but my recollection is:
    "Serefina may come to spire to freely pay her fine of 1200 gold. stemming from four charges of slandering a peace official. Or. she can wait for my Bailiff to come to collect, who is a deputized peace official in this specific situation."

This misused and misinform "Baliif" then responded to the effect of:
    [A snort through the sending system] Alright alright - dun make this hard on me lass. I be the bailiff of the judge and there ain't be none in this city that can take me. Come give me the fine and ye be square. Ye seem fine enough I dun wanna have ta take it. -Fignar-

This seems to be such an clear cut matter. The Judge Sangre claimed Slandering of a Peace Offical, levied a fine, deputized someone to collect this fine and assaulted me in the Spire fully enspelled with a sword. Please, do not let this go unconfronted or unaddressed. The Just action it to removed Sangre and allow the Militia to proceed with these grave charges.

Judge Johan assures me he has but a cold so as the Crown Appointed Judge and the recognized expert on Justice, I request Judge Johan to be there.

Serafina.

• That's why I told you to focus on the serious and capital crimes, rather than the minor crime that she may pay to dismiss.

Judge Johan will be invited, but if he is feeling under the weather or isn't available at the time the trial will proceed without him.

~ Elodie Ledoux ~
    Chancellor of Arabel

//What time suits you all this Monday, Tuesday or Thursday? @Mr-Geek @people @verk @Mozart-of-Orcs @Gloomy_Sunday @Mind-Over-Body //

• As requested, the militia has confirmed that Sangre will be charged with Impersonation of Authority and Magical/Armed Assault. A warrant for her arrest has been issued.

Serafina

//Monday- morning and early afternoon- 900am to 300pm start
    //Tuesday- Morning and early afternoon-900am to 300pm start
    //Thursday- Later afternoon and early evening 300pm+ start
    //My weeks are fluid so this may all change quickly. The earlier in the week the better.
    //All times are GMT-7

• //Since Papal is taking a break there probably won't be a trial until he's back. Don't wanna punish him IC for not showing up if he's on break OOC//

• //yeah. we should with him and see if he wants us to wait or do the trial in absentia// @people

• //I won't leave you hanging. I'll be on during my normal times, which is GMT -5 7:00pm ish. I'll be on today in about two and a half hours putting around. We'll get a little closure.

• //I can be around for that. We'll see who we can get IG for a trial//

• //I can likely be on in about 3 hours from this post//

• @mr-geek said in Arabel Council:

@Fearmoho12 @Mozart-of-Orcs @verk

Council

I formally request acknowledgement as a registered group and therefore excemption from the Adventurer’s Tax based on the follow points

• We are servants of a collection of goodly gods on a sacred and anointed mission
    • I have undertaken missions to see the end of cobble demons under the direction of the council and Warden
    • I have exposed an injustice and incompetence of a member of the Council’s jusdical court.

We have the interests of the city in our hearts and seek to be an example of the Goodly virtues of Justice, Service, Compassion, Mercy, Hope, Purity, and Humility.

In service,

Serafina,
    Chained Herald of Sariel

An addendum is added

Name of Organization: Chained Servants
    Members:

• Josiah the Elder
    • Serafina the Chained Herald

We continue our efforts to root out the Cobble folk as so requested. //transition has been broken but I've tried to keep taking people out to do the static quest etc//
    We stand ready to aid the city in the causes of good.
    We will continue to root out wickedness, corruption and evil that fester both in the light and the dark

Serafina,
    Chained Herald of Sariel

• @Fearmoho12 @Mozart-of-Orcs @Lord-Bhaliir

Council Members
    I have read the recent guidelines and seek an exemption for the required numbers. As yet, Josiah the Elder and I are yet the only member of the Chained Servant present in the city. We are on a holy mission on behalf of a collection of goodly gods, Sharess included and our efforts on in service to a Goodly cause.

Our presence here, in a short time has been an example of challenging wickedness, and confronting evil therefore we look forward to you finding this request favorable.

Serafina,
    Chained Herald of Sariel

• //Do the Chained Servants have NPC members besides Josiah? @SpiffyMeister //

Looks like your connection to City of Arabel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.