Sealed Letter: City Council

• Crown Forces

The letter is sealed with golden wax and embedded in the wax is the symbol of the Golden Guard's Standard in smaller form.

Dear City Council,

I write with regard to the recently announced Adventurer Tax and the concerns of the Golden Guard Mercenary Company, herein referred to as the Company. The Company has been active and a force for good not only within the city of Arabel but also the village of Tilverton and the North in general for some time now. As such, I write today to apply to the City Council to have the Company considered a Registered Organisation exempt of the Adventurer's Tax.

With this request, I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge that I know Chancellor Ledoux and Co-Founder of the Company, Esolen had a misunderstanding with regard to the Chancellor's campaign and subsequent election to her current role. Perhaps this was the foundation for my hiring, someone to serve as the Company's diplomat for when words, either spoken or written, are needed and swords are not. Whatever the case may be, I am here now and I hope this perhaps sensitive topic can be considered water under the bridge as it were. I also hope that the City Council can consider the Company as an asset for future projects, should the need arise and conditioned on the fact a suitable contract can be reached.

With all respect,
    Golden Guard Diplomat,
    -Raynor Steel

Underneath the signature is the official Standard of the Golden Guard
    alt text

• Am I mistaken, or was it The Company that attacked, arrested, and defended a woman who wanted to unseat a perfectly legal office? Forcing the Minister of Defense into hiding, letting loose a rogue child with a grudge?

-Judge Sangre

• @Mister-Moosh

Mr. Steel,

I'm glad Esolen had the wisdom to hire someone who understands civility, but the Golden Guard spoiled their relationship with me by doubtlessly believing blatant lies without even questioning me on their legitimacy.
    Not only that, but my last public interaction with the Golden Guard was to bail Ibrahim out of multiple criminal offences by negotiating a lessened sentence, then paying his fine of 7500 Golden Lyrons for him, before finally convincing the Militia to treat those that serve the city with leniency.
    The Guard then replied by spitting in my face as they largely turned their support away from me.

The only poorly made decision I can excuse is the assault against my Minister of Defence. The political turmoil caused by Lord Hawklin's careless handover of power to myself could have confused anyone not in the know and obeying the order of the Warden was the most understandable option when blinded by ignorance.

However, my divine patron provided me with a second chance in life, so I won't outright deny your company's application, but I will request that Esolen meet with me so we may negotiate the terms of a deal that will benefit us both.

Warm thoughts,

~ Elodie Ledoux ~
    Chancellor of Arabel
    Sensate of the Succubus of Sensation

• Crown Forces

Raynor returns to find two responses to his recent request. He by happenstance opens and reads the Chancellor's first and then Judge Sangre's letter. After reading both he sits pondering for a moment. He then decides to send his next letter sealed and addressed not to the City Council but to Chancellor Ledoux only.

@Fearmoho12

Chancellor,

The Company appreciates your excuse on the matter concerning the Minister of Defence, as the reason you stated is the only reason it happened in the first place.

With regard to both your generous willingness to give the Company a chance on our application still seeing fruition and the slight you feel the Company has disserviced you with regarding turning their support away, I would agree that an in person meeting would better serve all involved. It would appear you feel strongly you were slighted yet Eso swears the Company never turned its support from you. While I only arrived to the city after your election I can see from an outside perspective how both sides may still have hurt feelings in the matter. These feelings are what leads us away from having a working relationship.

As such Eso has agreed to meet with you in person. I would ask that you allow his previous wisdom to shine through even now and allow my person to also attend this meeting. This way I can ensure previous scorns can be forgiven and we can move forward from here.

And please Chancellor, Raynor is fine.

-Raynor

Looks like your connection to City of Arabel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.