Defense of durmoth pays too much gold

• Defense of Durmoth: Pays around 1,5k gold each regardless of group size, seems about 500 too much for the difficulty of the quest

• I'll disagree. I see a lot of consumption in that quest.

• Yeah i agree with @people it can be difficult, risky and very consuming.

• It's very difficult for somes, very easy for some others.

I've seen quests pay up to 4K each, though. So I wouldn't say Durmoth pays so much.

• A quest that pays 4K each and you didn't report it?

• It's not all the time. Depends on your luck. Somes do reward 3k+ each everytime though, and I'm sure everyone who did them know about it. There's not just one.

• Report all of them, that's insane.

You shouldn't think "hey, they are all insane, why not this one too?"

• I don't have a year on the server yet, and.. there's a quest lvl 1-7 that pays almost or about1K gold each, another few 4-8 that pays 1k-1k2 each, so a few lvl 7-12 quests that pays 2.2k ~ 3.5k did sound natural, considering the advancement.

• I mean, I'm probably not the only player who ran these quests, right? 😛

• And people wonder why there is gold bloat..

• To make gold, it's simple.

1: Don't spend.

2: Earn.

3: ???

4: Riches.

• @mind-over-body

CB and I have a habit of enjoying all sorts of quests when we can find the time and we have literally never encountered quests that reward 3K+ outside of DM spice for insane challenge increase.

• Do you sell the stuff?

Personally I gather everything, then I sell everything, and share the coins. Gems, Scrolls, Potions no one use, items that can be sold. I try to get even the little 8 coins here and there, from normal scimtars and stuff. Why would someone let something rust in a dungeon if they can carry it out.

I did Alumra with Ibrahim today. While I came out at lost in gold count in it (because of my mistake), we both came out with over 3K gold each.

It's just an example, too. Other quests are similar. Sometimes you get lucky, all the boxes give things you can sell. Other times, you're not as lucky.

• 2-manning Alumra is its own can of worms, it's basically a source of infinite consumables and gold and gets horrifically harder if you do not 2-man it, so that's a different topic.

Also, we were talking about the pay you get, not the pay you get when you also sell the things.

• DMs

Wow, that's WAY too much for any quest except maybe the highest level and hardest quests. Is the gold all given at the end, or collected from foes? How's it happening?

• It's through mostly selling all the sellable the loot on a High Appraise PC. The Quest does not regularly give 3k to parties.

• Not to mention he is mostly speaking about his net gain as a wizard. When two manning Alumra with his I often spend 1.5-2k just trying to survive and solo the quest while he goes off and wizards. The net gain of the quest is around 2k at best for me if I get lucky. It's fine where it is.

• @lord_monotone said in Defense of durmoth pays too much gold:

Not to mention he is mostly speaking about his net gain as a wizard. When two manning Alumra with his I often spend 1.5-2k just trying to survive and solo the quest while he goes off and wizards. The net gain of the quest is around 2k at best for me if I get lucky. It's fine where it is.

That's bullshit. Go there and solo it without Etho and then post this again. 😛

You meeles need to show more respect to your wizards.

• I think that is exactly the point he is making.

• Yes, Alumra, like most quests is not nearly as massive a cashcow without a mage, or situationally a priest with you.