Chancellor

• Chancellor,

If freedom is what The King wants to experiment with, then perhaps I could help? Making the appeal process for petty and minor crimes accessible to the people may encourage more pro-active law enforcement and give the subjects a sense of ((I admit very little)) power. This could be done by appointing one of your judges to operate an appeals court?

This sounds petty and maticulous, yes, but when the unilateral power of the nobility wanes, beurocracy will no doubt have to step in and take up slack. Where once any lord could make a choice, a process must be put in place.

Just an opinion, Chancellor.

-Judge Sangre

• Judge Sangre,

If you want to deal with all of the paperwork over petty and minor crimes, then you may take appeals from those that believe the punishment for their crimes is unjust.
    I don't see this being a particularly useful way to spend your or the Militia's time, but I won't stop you.

To reduce the amount of time spent on this try to make your judgement using only written accounts. I don't want my streets empty of Militiamen because they're all stuck in the Courthouse with you.

~ Elodie Ledoux ~
    Chancellor of Arabel
    Sensate of the Succubus of Sensation

• I think your thoughts are wise. If people want to appeal a decision, the law already enables them. Why advertise it?

Thank you,

-Judge Sangre