Erase lvl 9 bigby's currently in player possession

• Fellowship of the Guantlet

I have several myself, but these should not be in traffic, peole were discussing in Discord about there being a rush to kanthea's to buy those before they were removed, please make players junk them, i didn't even know they were in, but these are LITERAL win buttons., no save, no counter, no nothing.

Again, i have some myself and will gladly junk them, but these should just not be....

• @citizenbane As long as items like this exist IG, there is no realistic option but to invis gank anyone you suspect might have one as the moment they get even a single action to fire one off you will in almost all situations lose. These are toxic as hell, and lead to scummy pvp tactics being nessecary.

• Nevermind that they make no sense from an IC perspective as well.

A 9th circle scroll is a level that 99% of mages never reach. And to a mage, his highest circle spells are his lifetimes greatest achievements, they can be considered a family treasure and a 9th circle spell would be something even above that.

• I totally thought about buying them and selling them of at 20K a piece.

😃

But I bought none. I guess I did good.

• Having used Them twice, i agree. I suck at pvp Big time, and these are win buttons. I agree with seeing Them all vanish.

• If there is something that could allow me to defeat CB with just one scroll, in PvP it should probably go. Even though I actually want one.

@people said in Erase lvl 9 bigby's currently in player possession:

If there is something that could allow me to defeat CB with just one scroll, in PvP it should probably go. Even though I actually want one.

I got more than you do, i can promise you that 😉

• @people said in Erase lvl 9 bigby's currently in player possession:

If there is something that could allow me to defeat CB with just one scroll, in PvP it should probably go. Even though I actually want one.

@ChinaTown Is a 10 times better pvper than mine, and this one scroll effectively beat him without any chance to win.

So in short, DMS. Remove these scrolls, and use them to level the playing field, when people are to fight someone 5 times their level.

• I really think we should make all players level 1, with 10 in all stats, and all the same potions and gear so its always fair....

And yeah, we did remove these scrolls. No one expected players to rush to buy a bunch of them. sigh

• Thanks @Mr-Moloch !!

@mr-moloch said in Erase lvl 9 bigby's currently in player possession:

I really think we should make all players level 1, with 10 in all stats, and all the same potions and gear so its always fair....

And yeah, we did remove these scrolls. No one expected players to rush to buy a bunch of them. sigh

You don't see any problems with the balance these scrolls provide? The spell is nerfed on most EPIC level servers

• @citizenbane I see the problem, its why we removed them. I just also find this "OMG someone lost PvP to this tactic, and usually I win because I quest more and have better loot" to be a slippery slope because at some point we do need a reasonable line where you realize sometimes you just LOSE PvP because someone else got better gear. Had he attacked from invisibility fully buffed; the fight could go the same. Are we to ban Invisibility now?

I'm being hyperbolic purposefully and see the CLEAR difference between a level 2 spell and a level 9 one; which is why we removed the level nine scrolls. However, I don't think its such a huge emergency we need to remove all the scrolls in the whole module either.

I got these scrolls myself moloch, i'm happy to use them for pvp purposes too if you're saying it's ok to do so. I am SUGGESTING these do not belong here.

There's a difference between trying to balance everything and taking THE most powerful shit around and fix it.

don't get me wrong, i'd LOVE to use them if you're saying it's fine.

• I dislike that arguement Moloch. Mainly because when I asked you about the scrolls a while ago you told me they were getting removed and that I should not buy them since its a clear oversight of them being there. Being that you are a DM and made that statement I would think the "do not buy this item" should apply to everyone. Thats the only issue I have with it. Really.

• @citizenbane Which we did. Just play nice. That's all we ask. Seriously, its a game; starting to feel like work with all the OOC issues lately. Just PLAY NICE GUYS!

@mr-moloch said in Erase lvl 9 bigby's currently in player possession:

@citizenbane Which we did. Just play nice. That's all we ask. Seriously, its a game; starting to feel like work with all the OOC issues lately. Just PLAY NICE GUYS!

Yes, but there's still loads of them in circulation, i was trying to get a ruling on whether those should stay in circulation or be trashed and consider not legit. If they're to be considered legit, i'm happy to use mine.

• @citizenbane My theory, is if people just play nice and are OOC considerate; then we won't have problems with these.

The problem with PvP never really comes down to "I lost because someone used tactic X"--I've never really heard that complaint in 15 years even if some people toss it out as part of the issue. The real issue always comes down to "someone PK'ed me, it didn't feel fun, then they looted me, and its bummed me out".

I literally just spent about two weeks dealing with a PKing where that was the issue and its seriously worn out my patience a bit I guess. So sorry if I'm snappish here--I just want people to be cool to each other ingame so things never have to go ooc and have DMs trying to deal with hurt feelings.

Hence my comment about making everyone the same level with the same gear as a sarcastic comment. Possibly out of place, but heh, we all have bad days.

But people don't play fair ic, it -IS- fair ooc to use consumables DMs do not ban. It is fair unless the DMs rule it should not be used. There's dozens of these out there, each on them is literally a win button. I would have spoken up about them sooner, but i didn't even know or in my wildest dreams imagine those could be in the module.

This particular one is WAY more nasty than tenser's or cl 10 dispel items, this is something that almost every epic lvl arena server i've played one nerfs >.> For good reason. This has no business on a server like CoA

• Admin [DM]

Please PM me if you have these scrolls in your possession. I will reimburse you the gold you paid for them. If you use them in a PvP encounter, I won't be happy.

Thanks 🙂