Letter: Chancellor Elodie

• Delightful Élodie,

First, congratulation my dear for your victory! I'm glad that you managed to reach such a level in society, that you now are the head of a prosperous city as Arabel. It means that no matter where you come from, you have a chance to reach the stars if you desire so. Looking at how you've achieved your goals gives me even more hope and confidence into achieving mines.

I do hope that my contribution to your campain has shown to be fruitful. I must say that after our dinner, and our.. very long discussion that followed, has motivated me to devote myself a bit more to the task before the last day. I do hope that we'll continue to be on such good terms now that you have your position, and that we'll have other chances to meet like this again.

As for my personal interest, you know it wasn't really about politics, but mostly about the woman you are. Which is why I didn't plan to ask, or be in line for a place amongst the ministry, unless there's one you'd really encourage me to postulate for.

If, however, there's an open position for the ministry of your bed, I would be first in line, my dear.

-Etholycus Cabellan, Scientist, Theorist, Mechano-Wizard, and a dear friend of yours.

• My Darling Ethol,

Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad my accomplishments have encouraged you in your pursuit of your own. I would call my term as Chancellor a success already, for I only seek to see people inspired to reach for their ambitions.

You told me of your disinterest in Arabel's politics from the start, but I'd encourage you to apply for a lesser role in my Council so you can at least reap some of the rewards you've helped me earn. After all I don't think I could have done this without you.
    On that note, of course we'll maintain our relations! If you hadn't already captured my attention, then my sincere gratitude would dictate I grant you your wish.

With your wishes in mind, what exactly would the responsibilities and benefits be of becoming the Minister of my bed?
    I don't tend to let other people manage that any more, but I suppose you do know how I enjoy new things...

With all of my love,

~ Elodie Ledoux ~
    Chancellor of Arabel
    Sensate of the Succubus of Sensation

• [This letter when opened unveils a small glowing red heart upon the page, which explodes into sparkles of magical nature, before disappearing, as a small spell of prestidigitation would.]

Beloved Elodie,

It amazes me how adventurous you can be. Be sure that I offer myself for this position mainly to support you within your council, even though the benefits would make any men envious.

As the ministry of your bed, I would swear to do everything in my power to make sure that you always have a smile during council meetings, even if some of them could turn out to be rather boring. I also would swear that your bed would be kept warm and ready for you after a long day at the head of this prosperous city. Also, as I know how you like new things, I swear to surprise you with an infinite spectrum of abilities that the school of transmutation offers, or match your desires should you wish.

As for the benefits of it, they're terribly entwined with the responsibilities.

On a more.. serious note, my dear Elodie, even though I am truly serious about my interest in you and this other ministry I proposed, I did notice that within your council there is no mention of the arcane. Considering this, and your suggestion to maybe apply for a position within the council, I propose the addition of a ministry of arcane.

I am aware that the War Wizards and the Militia's arcane division are two separate entities that protects this city and investigate in arcane matters. At your table, though, when you will host council matters, wouldn't you benefit from someone with knowledge of the arcane, who could give you perhaps advice or explain various subject of the weave to both you and the other council members? On the matters which requires a closed council meeting, I would be a benefit for you I'm sure.

As always, beautiful Elodie, you can count me on your side whatever your decision is, as you've bewitched me since the first time I laid my eyes upon you.

Yours,
    -Etholycus Cabellan, Scientist, Theorist, Mechano-Wizard.

• Ethol,

An source of advice in matters of magic would be useful, although beyond providing my Council with advice, what else could your role provide me and my city?
    My position is anything but secure yet, so powers granted require suitable responsibilities to excuse them, otherwise those above and below me would see me as a tyrant and have me removed.

If you simply wished to sit in on Council meetings and provide advice in our files, then I could accept you as merely an arcane adviser with lesser boons rather than create the job of the Minister of Magic.

Your application for the unofficial position of Minister of My Bed has been approved. If everything goes according to plan I'll have the most luxurious bedroom in my new estate to show you when I find the time.

With all of my love,

~ Elodie Ledoux ~
    Chancellor of Arabel

• My angelic love,

I am honored that you've accepted my humble self as the minister of your bed, and I promise to be the most efficient and surprising possible. This ministry will, obviously, be taken more seriously than any other ministry I would be postulating for, since the job itself is a motivation for me, and I hope it will also be a motivation for you.

For the other, less important part of this letter, here's a few things a ministry of arcane would do to benefit your prosperous city.

• The minister would be the link between the Arcane Division of the Militia, the Arcane Division of the Purple Dragons, Kanthea, and the Chancellor.
    • The minister would provide arcane advice to other ministers and the chancellor about how they can use arcane to improve their own domain.
    • The minister would make sure to cast a spell of Greater Farsight Ward, so the council room won't be spied upon by divination magic.
    • The Minister would administer the files on known wizards, set a risk level for each of them for safety and be responsible for permits of research on otherwise illegal substance such as magical shrooms or aberrant items.

As for the boons my dear Elodie, I'm sure you possess the wisdom to accommodate such a role.

If, with your knowledge of politics, believe that more should be added to the role, I will listen to your ideas, my beloved.

YOURS,
    -Etholycus Cabellan, Scientist, Theorist, Mechano-Wizard.

• Minister of Bed,

You are formally invited into the Chancellor's Council to assume the role of Minister of Magic. Please see below for your responsibilities, rights and exemptions:

Minister of Magic:

• The Minister of Magic will provide arcane counsel to the Chancellor's Council.
    • The Minister of Magic may work alongside the Minister of Defence on matters of security that involve mages and magic.
    • The Minister of Magic will provide arcane security measures to Council activities.
    • The Minister of Magic will open a file to compile records of active mages in the region.
    • The Minister of Magic is immune to all Petty and Minor crimes.
    • The Minister of Magic may pay to have any Serious charges dismissed after being reviewed by the Chancellor of Arabel.
    • The Minister of Magic may only be arrested with a warrant from the Chancellor of Arabel or above.
    • The Minister of Magic may only be searched while holding the written approval of a Lieutenant of the Militia or above.
    • The Minister of Magic may provide permits for questionable magical research in the absence of the Militia's Arcane Division and will provide a copy of the permit to the Militia for documentation.

Please accept this invitation and I'll see you granted access to our files.

With all of my love,

~ Elodie Ledoux ~
    Chancellor of Arabel