ANNOUNCEMENTS OF HOUSE THUNDERSWORD!

• Citizens of Arabel

For too long have rumors spread of the purpose of House Thundersword in the north. Some have speculated that I came here seeking marriage and a strategic alliance. Some have taken my friendship with Lord Foril Bhaliir as evidence that I was nothing more than an extended part of his house, or that I was his paramour, seeking his shelter or patronage. Or that a vote for me in the election for chancellor, would be a vote for House Bhaliir.

I am not of House Bhaliir. I never have been. I am Elestra Thundersword, daughter of Lord Ondryn, the Patriarch of House Thundersword, sister of Knight Royal Ondeth Thundersword, niece to Purple Dragon Knight Harandil Thundersword, and fourth in line to the Lordship of House Thundersword.

I defeated the Great White Worm, alongside brave adventurers. It was I who launched a crusade against the bloodstone dealers of Old Town, and alongside the Golden Guard I hired, saw 132 bloodstones removed from the hands of evil men, and delivered to the Militia. It was I and Golden Guard Faeylinn, who defeated Yuri of the Archprelate, and it was I, who ventured into Old Town, and alongside Sergeant Snyden and Lord Bhaliir, took down Vorigan the wicked.

House Thundersword has for 1200 years, served Cormyr and its people, always letting deeds and not our name speak for itself. I came to Arabel to help its populace be free from the oppression of thugs and tyrants, and be the sword that guards them against the darkness. –THAT- is why I am here. And whether I or another is chosen as Chancellor, I shall continue to be the sword that protects the people.

I do not care for power. I judge people for what they do, not who they are. And it is my greatest dream, that I can help good hearted adventurers become the heroes they have it in themselves to be.

It is by these words, that I announce House Thundersword shall establish itself within the North. I will by deeds show the people that nobility is an obligation to serve the people, not a right to demand their service. If you share my dream, of striving to make each day of the common man, a little better than the day before, if you believe as I, that evil and tyranny must be challenged with bravery and a good heart, then I shall welcome you as a retainer, knight errant, or bannerman of House Thundersword, and together we shall be the swords that protect the people.

Elestra Thundersword

alt text

• IN THE FACE OF TYRANNY AND CORRUPTION, THE GREATEST SIN IS DOING NOTHING!

When the cat is out, the mice play on the table. When the King is at war, the corrupt rise to abuse his absence. But House Thundersword remains ever loyal to the King, and has not forsaken its oath to protect the populace.

Three days have passed since Chancellor Elodie Deloux used a made up term "contamination of evidence", to pardoning her three goons, Percival Lengram, Olivier Lengram, and Private "Porky" Pierre. Do you feel safer? Do you feel safer, knowing that your new warden, CHOSEN NOT BY YOUR KING, but by your Chancellor, was appointed by the same woman, from the same HOUSEHOLD she once served?

MEMBER OF THE MILITIA! RESIGN YOUR POSITION, AND SAFEGUARD YOUR UNIFORM. THE FOR YOUR TRUE WARDEN, APPOINTED BY THE KING, SHALL SOON CALL UPON YOU, TO ENSURE JUSTICE!

I AM NOT GONE. AND I AM NOT DONE!

Any citizen who is mistreated by the false militia, contact House Thundersword. Any man with information on the Corrupt Three, Or the Chancellor, contact House Thundersword.

Any citizen, who like I, detest bullies and tyrants, and see the rule for what it is, contact House Thundersword. I shall protect you, I shall guide you, and together we shall return the Kings Peace to our troubled lands.

Elestra Thundersword

• To my dearest Citizens,
    To bring the truth to light, of the deeds of our corrupt Militia, and the Chancellor who fought so desperately to protect them, I place my life in the hands of Judge Johan.

If there is any justice or respect for the truth left in our city, then it shall come to light, and Tyrs will be done. If not, then at least I made the effort to protect you against the wickedness.

Because of it, I ask this: Any knowledge, any testimony against Olivier Lengram, Percival Lengram or Private Pierre, should be sent to Judge Johan immediately. Complaints, witnesses of them accepting bribes, or otherwise acting in a way unfit for a member of the city Militia.

Elestra Thundersword