Letter to Lady Elestra

• Lady Elestra,

I would like to start by saying that I have a tremendous amount of respect for you. Your campaign against the foul trade of bloodstones has not gone unnoticed.

You, I believe are genuine, and as such I would enjoy your company over a fine wine of bottle of ale, if a commoner such as myself is not out of place to make such a request.

Barabus Fen

• Mr Fen,
    Which side of the coin will be most probable when we flip it? That is the side we should bet on. I will await your wisdom on the matter, before we decide.

Lady Elestra Thundersword

• Lady Elestra

Ideally each side is favoured equally. However Lady Tyche does not smile upon us all, and some coins are fixed, and will only ever land with the head facing up.

Barabus Fen

• Barabus,
    I cannot tell you, and will never tell you what to do. If you decide to do what you offered, I will name you as my second. If you propose the changes, I will bow out, to give either of us a fighting chance. But the choice will have to be yours.

Elestra Thundersword

• Barabus,
    After paying your debts, I have 3000 gold left to my name. If you need it, notify me, but our coffers are otherwise empty. Secondly, we need to redraft our proposals, based on yesterday. Shall we sit down soon?

-Elestra

• Barabus,
    I have redrafted the proposal. I have changed Lord Wyvernspur to Lord Bhaliir, because it seems Lord Foril has the ear and support of the Northern Nobles. And having someone who ran against us upon the council, will ensure we are kept in check. I will see it distributed if you can agree to this.

El

The Fen / Thundersword Campaign Initiatives
    To ensure transparency in the election, I pen this plan and place the names of my candidates for all to see, discuss and decide for themselves if the plan is worthy for the future of the North.

The Militia Warden
    Sergeant Snyder shall be appointed Warden. To help him root out corruption, Lady Elestra Thundersword with assistance from Judge Johan, will act as Overseers.

The Arabellan Council
    With a combined campaign, Barabus Fen and Elestra Thundersword shall divide the chancellor position between them, Barabus as Senechal, Elestra as Marshall. Besides the two, five members shall be elected to the Council. The council shall vote on matters with equal voice.

• The Official title of Chancellor will be given to Elestra Thundersword, with Barabus Fen as Vice Chancellor. Should something befall Elestra Thundersword, Barabus Fen shall become Chancellor.
    • Barabus Fen will claim the title Senechal, overseeing the council, focusing on matters of policy, trade and finance.
    • Elestra Thundersword shall claim the title of Marshall, focusing on matters of security, the militia, and spearheading engagements against Arabel’s enemies.
    • The Counsellor of Finance shall be given to Temon Oaks. A prominent adventurer and an accomplished business man, Temon Oaks shall lend fresh eyes to the financial administration of Northern Cormyr.
    • Lord Bhaliir, due to his support from the majority of the northern Houses, shall represent the northern nobles on the council.
    • To represent the dwarven host, Freya of the Host shall represent dwarven interests and the minority races in general upon the council.
    • The Warden of the Militia, Ricardo Snyden, shall be given a seat.
    • One position shall be given to a clergy of the church or member of the faith that drives out the Banites of Old Town.

The Fen / Thundersword Campaign Initiatives
    To ensure transparency in the election, I pen this plan and place the names of my candidates for all to see, discuss and decide for themselves if the plan is worthy for the future of the North.
    The Militia Warden
    Sergeant Snyder shall be appointed Warden. To help him root out corruption, Lady Elestra Thundersword with assistance from Judge Johan, will act as Overseers.
    The Arabellan Council
    With a combined campaign, Barabus Fen and Elestra Thundersword shall divide the chancellor position between them, Barabus as Senechal, Elestra as Marshall. Besides the two, five members shall be elected to the Council.

• The Official title of Chancellor will be given to Elestra Thundersword, with Barabus Fen as Vice Chancellor. Should something befall Elestra Thundersword, Barabus Fen shall become Chancellor.
    • Barabus Fen will claim the title Senechal, overseeing the council, focusing on matters of policy, trade and finance.
    • Elestra Thundersword shall claim the title of Marshall, focusing on matters of security, the militia, and spearheading engagements against Arabel’s enemies.
    • The Counsellor of Finance shall be given to Temon Oaks. A prominent adventurer and an accomplished business man, Temon Oaks shall lend fresh eyes to the financial administration of Northern Cormyr.
    • Lord Bhaliir, due to his support from the majority of the northern Houses, shall represent the nobility on the council.
    • To represent the dwarven host, Freya of the Host shall represent dwarven interests and the minority races in general upon the council.
    • The Warden of the Militia, Ricardo Snyden, shall be given a seat.
    • One position shall be given to a clergy of the church or member of the faith that drives out the Banites of Old Town. Should no faith or church be willing to do so, the seat shall be given to the Church of Tyche.

• On the whole it looks good. However traditionally the senechal is a role within legal administration no?

I have a different role in mind as well as policy, since trade can be the domain of Lord Bhaliir, and finance is Temon's.

If you wish security, and the warden controls the militia, I would like my own office answering to me with the title of Bailiff. This would be the directorate of information and investigations, and would ultimately have authority over internal threats that the militia are unable to act upon. My first action as bailiff within this branch of government would be to rid the city of Banites, cobble demons, and archprelates.

Other than this, the structure is fine.

The poster can remain the same except to give my title as Bailiff.

Barabus Fen

• In terms of policies my advice is to lead with the dwarven brewery and water treatment facility. It has economic benefits for both jobs and trade. At the same time, underline the fact that research on Mythalite is best left to private individuals and not the public purse, and fortnightly feasts for the entire city is a financial disaster.

Being rid of banites, demon worshippers and bloodstone smugglers is another of our pledges. Other evil faiths can be dealt with afterwards, we needn't declare war on half of the pantheon right away. The rest you have in hand, but be wary of pledging too much, only one or two other things are necessary, make them attractive to adventurers.

Barabus Fen

• Lady Elestra,

A short poem I put together while I was waiting for your poster!

Lord Bhaliir says the poor will gain, His servants gain the most.
    The highest posts in all the land, the sycophants doth boast
    A horrid curse is on his head, he plays down its extent.
    How long will he maintain control, when prey doth cast it’s scent.

There is by far a better choice, Elestra is her name,
    by noble birth and good intent, her enemies stand shamed
    All peoples of this region, together will stand strong
    Whether dwarf or man or elf, united is our song

Elodie’s Bhaliir’s servant, her platform is insane
    She offers feasts for all in town, and not a thing to gain
    Her appointments are quite similar, yet more of Bhaliir’s men
    As if they planned it all before, within some darkened den

Elestra gives prosperity, whether poor or rich
    No longer sit with begging bowls, within a muddy ditch
    Adventurers will prosper too, the backbone of this place
    The bold will be rewarded, they carry Tyche’s grace

Their guild hall will return soon, Elestra bids it done
    The mighty Swords of Arabel, our foes shall surely run
    Whether you are skilled with blade, or calling balls of flame
    Novice or a journeyman, you have a place to claim

Perhaps if you like it you could have someone put it up about town.

Barabus Fen