Letter to Militia

• City Militia,

I can't help but notice your wanted posters with a dwarf named Ironclad upon them. Who did he kill, what other crimes has he committed?

The welfare of the dwarven race is of utmost priority to me. Including those charged of crimes by human law authorities.

Freya Farthrow

• Ms. Farthrow,

I am sure you are aware of the recent slaughter of dozens of Militiamen in the streets of Arabel. I was not present at the tragedy, but I was instructed to place bounty on these two individuals as having been part of that bloodshed. We will appreciate your support in making sure people of all races obey the laws of the city in which they live and do business.

-- Private Ysolt Argenta

• Private,

Were any of these victims dwarves? What other crimes has he committed?

I've no doubts about your words and heard about the slaughter and Ironfoot's subsequent death.

I just want to be sure I understand the situation fully. What other crimes are you aware of?

Freya Farthrow

• Ms. Farthrow,

I am aware only of his participation in a mass slaughter. If you think that is insufficient to warrant a death sentence, please note that your position is not shared with the families and friends of my murdered comrades.

Very few dwarves have responded to the open call for citizens and adventurers to join the Militia. I do not think any were on duty at the time of the attack. If I see any when the full list of casualties is compiled, I will forward their names to you.

Best regards,

--Private Ysolt Argenta

• Private,

It's less about whether or not I think he warranted a death sentence. It's whether or not he is still a dwarf in the eyes of the Morndinsamman.

As it stands, according to our own information and what has transpired recently, it is my perception that no. He is no Son of Moradin and not obligated to be protected or supported by any other dwarves who still hold true to the beliefs and virtues of the dwarven gods.

That is what I wanted to confirm. I warn you that this is no easy thing to issue forth, from the lips of a cleric of the Morndinsamman. To declare a dwarf dishonorable and no true dwarf is one of our most grievous actions, and most prefer death over being exiled from a clan or the race as a traitor.

Freya Farthrow

• Priestess Farthrow,

I have heard of such a course of action among the dwarves and it is a grievous one indeed. I am familiar with similar customs in my mother's people, the Bedine. I do not doubt you will give it the deep thought due such a decision.

If you do note any dwarves expressing interest in the Militia, I would be happy to have any you recommend stand alongside me.

-- Private Ysolt Argenta