A few suggestions... just like that.

• 1- Reset XP markers after a while. Maybe after a full month or less...

2- Make the forge able to smelt weapons and armors to recover the metal. IE: Smelt a bunch of steel longswords or adamantine longswords and recover steel or adamantine ingots. Could do the same with other crafting, destroy albino leather armor and get albino leather. I guess it'd be difficult to script? But I suggest it anyway.

3-Make bandits and other monsters use taunt. Perhaps make them throw insults at you at the same time. Can draw inspirations from Myron's insult competitions.

4- Legal dispels for non-multiclasses and wand users. Throwable anti-magic zone cloud, like a chocking powder but instead of a fortitude save vs daze, its a dispel check every 2-3 rounds when you stay in it? Legal but expensive and Mystrans will crusade against it, maybe.

5- Give portals and boats a chance to gets you to the wrong place or to a random encounter (hostile or not). Prayers to shaundakul before portal reduce the chance of a good encounter, prayer to umberlee before the boat reduce the chance of a bad encounter).

• These are fine suggestions, but putting them in a block like this means we'll get a rambling discussion, we'll lose focus on them, and none will get implemented. One suggestion per post is easier to track and manage.

• You're right, I thought it'd be best to put them all here. So people could dismiss right away what is simply boring or non scriptable, and perhaps salvage one or two. I'll do it next time, one suggestion per post.

• Reseting XP markets is a nice idea, so people don't act like me and save them for level 11.

Recovering some metal sounds alright, but at a terrible conversion rate.

Monsters taunting you to give you an AC penalty is good, EFU has that.

Legal dispels already exist in quest loot.

Im not paying for the boat to bring me to the wrong place, that's kind of silly. Portals sure.

• I pretty much agree with everything the smiling doggo said.

• "1- Reset XP markers after a while. Maybe after a full month or less..."

I am... confused. What is an XP marker?

• A marker, that gives XP.

Example: You travel to the mount everest and you see the flag of the first dude who got to the top, you touch it, you gain 250 xp.

There's quite a few like theses on the server.

• @mind-over-body oh thanks. Didn't know that was even a thing. Add that to the list of veteran perks.

• In v6 we're going to allow people to reactivate XP markers with every visit and just reduce their value. There's a goal to ensure that exploring is more rewarding all around. You just won't be able to activate the XP marker again after a certain level and the XP will reduce based on your level, so its more worth it at lower levels.

• That's nice Moloch. Perhaps like, once per lvl you can visit them, with reduced value? So everytime you level up it gives you motivation to explore the server all over again.

🙂

• @mind-over-body said in A few suggestions... just like that.:

That's nice Moloch. Perhaps like, once per lvl you can visit them, with reduced value? So everytime you level up it gives you motivation to explore the server all over again.

🙂

I can't recall the exact idea, I have it all plotted out, just need someone with time to adjust the scripts.

• If I knew anything about scripts, I'd help. But I have zero artistic talent and zero knowlenge of the most basic stuff, lol.