Adjust Rain Levels in Citadel

• While I understand that Cormyr's climate is such that rain occurs very frequently, isn't it a bit much that the area has been in what feels like a persistent rainy season for 3 years? Unless this was the doing of some druid in the past (in which case I should hope there would be more attention paid to their IG actions in this regard), I'd like to see it adjusted so that the rain occurs at a more reasonable rate and we're not all awkwardly RPing outside in the rain.

It should just be a very simple number to modify in the Area Properties for relevant areas.

• Don't worry, during winter its constant snow.

• I'm told druids have a way to summon rain on the fly. Don't know how true that is.

To be clear, this suggestion is mainly for the Citadel/Downtown/Old Town areas.

• They do have the ability, but it's not well known and isn't newbie druid friendly as a result.

• @chips said in Adjust Rain Levels in Citadel:

They do have the ability, but it's not well known and isn't newbie druid friendly as a result.

When it was implemented there were several supporting bits of lore you could discover to learn the means. Not totally sure they survived various module updates though!

• Storyteller [DM]

i havent found anything in my wanderings as a druid

there are some language things that i cant read though, not sure if that is cos i cant read them or becasue they are broken though. (the druid stone circle in hullack has something that isnt druidic apparently)

• The lore is still around. I can even name the locations of where you can find each piece of lore.

• I absolutely hate the constant rain.

• Druidic capacity to adjust it IG to accommodate for their pew-pew spells aside, can it be altered for our own sanity?

• I have lamented many times IC over the fact that it almost never stops raining. I rejoice when it does, transition, raining again.

• @arkham-warlock said in Adjust Rain Levels in Citadel:

Druidic capacity to adjust it IG to accommodate for their pew-pew spells aside, can it be altered for our own sanity?

Well... it can. The weather system on CoA actually uses some kind of custom script, or at least, it did at one point years ago when I looked at it and kinda... wandered off after not fully understanding it.

Maybe it isn't used anymore, maybe it is, either way, it shouldn't actually be that hard to resolve, it's probably just a pretty low priority issue right now.