Lycans and V6

• Fellowship of the Guantlet

Just something to keep in mind for balance purposes in V6, if loot is going to be taking over from the MASSIVE consumable bloat, please keep in mind that lycans will need a big re-balancing. I'm more than willing to help with that..... providing i knew what i was balancing it against. But anyways, this is just a heads up in case this part was overlooked.

• Admin [DM]

Fysmt

Dem lycan

• While I wouldn’t commit to this before discussion with the team, I have considered making Lycans vulnerable to material rather than enhancement. The only annoying part is that any weapon that’s silver would need the material property added to it.

This is how it is in 3.5 e, but sadly nwn is 3e, but it can be scripted.

Yeah, no idea what i expect of it currently, just realized i had overlooked this aspect so had no idea if it slipped the team's attention.

• You know, I don't know if there is a spell, but it would be nice if there was a magic weapon equivalent to... I don't know, casting a spell on a weapon and making have the silver property? Or an alteration spell that does it without granting enhancement. Could bypass damage reduction and add a d4 "silver" damage bonus against lycans.

• Might also be possible to pay to silver a weapon, since a lot of adventurers do it. Just make it really fking expensive.

• I think we can just sell silver material weapons in the case. The thing is, if I make DR work off of material: silver, it could just be a mundane sword with that property and it'd do full damage against lycanthropes (which being mudane vs everything else) whereas something with enhancement bonus vs shapechanger gives additional AB and damage vs shapechanger while ALSO bypassing DR.

Actual crafted silver weapons would have bonuses on top of being able to bypass the DR, so they can remain rare, so to speak.

@polaris said in Lycans and V6:

I think we can just sell silver material weapons in the case. The thing is, if I make DR work off of material: silver, it could just be a mundane sword with that property and it'd do full damage against lycanthropes (which being mudane vs everything else) whereas something with enhancement bonus vs shapechanger gives additional AB and damage vs shapechanger while ALSO bypassing DR.

Actual crafted silver weapons would have bonuses on top of being able to bypass the DR, so they can remain rare, so to speak.

Could be as simple as giving them +5 enhancement vs shapechanger (or whatever number you feel is right) and making it -3 enhancement (Silver is an incredibly crappy metal for war). But again, i don't know what method you're going with for this so i'll wait and see, was just a thought off the top of my head.

• Basically, there is a property in the nwn engine called "Material". This is independent of anything else.

What I can do, is if a weapon is "Material: Silver", then it will do bonus 10 damage vs lycanthropes. IE, it will compensate for 10/silver DR.

If we do this, then enhancement vs shapechangers weapons (if they are not classified as Material: Silver) will NOT bypass lycan DR (though they will still give AB and damage bonuses, the damage will be reduced by 10). But, even a mundane weapon with the property "Material: Silver" will bypass lycan DR (IE, it will act as a regular, mundane weapon against lycans, no bonuses to AB or damage, just will ignore the DR).

If a weapon has Material: silver and enhancement vs shapechanger, then it will bypass the DR, and add the AB / damage bonuses on top of that.

That sounds awesome

• Wouldn't this result in problems upon criticals?

• And would it also not mean that lycans no longer gain +1 and later +2 enhancement on their claws?

If loot is being majorly buffed then losing that means lycans would in essence be barred from breaking DR without the use of spells like stoneskin

• I mean, it would be great if there were spells to enchant creature weapons...And potion versions of them. Or at least some kind of herb.

• Admin [DM]

Trust us to address these issues. 🙂