Letter: Claeryss

• @Sophia-Romanziere

Claeryss,

I overheard what you were saying in the Spire after we got back from Tilverton. Please know that you have my support, no matter what you decide. I don't know all the details of what's going on and I'm sorry if I'm prying. I won't ask you to tell me anything you don't want to.

I never told you this, but the reason I left the academy in Suzail is I dropped out. I made some mistakes and just couldn't handle being there. So, I spent some time at home, just trying to figure out what to do next.

Learning about Akadi's teachings has given me a lot of perspective. I can't word it as well as Ophi or Isabella, but one of the things I've learned is that when the path you're on isn't working out, it's not always healthy to be persistent. Sometimes the right thing to do for yourself is to turn back, find another way. And that can be hard to do, and people won't always understand. I felt like a huge failure when I went home from the academy. But if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't be the mage and alchemist I am today. Not to mention I wouldn't have met so many wonderful friends. I don't think it was fate or anything; maybe it was luck, or maybe I managed to make some good decisions and find a better path. So...I hope you find your path (and I'm sorry for saying something so cheesy).

If you decide to return home, I'll miss you. But I want you to do what you feel will help you. If you want to talk, you know where to find me. And if you do go home and ever want to write me, I'll be at the lodge for the foreseeable future.

Your friend,
    Morgan