PLAYER HANDBOOK FEEDBACK

• DMs

Hello!

So, Chips aka Applefritos and I been working on the Player Handbook for little over a year now. It is in its final stages, thus we have made it public for everyone to offer feedback, notify us of spelling errors or bring suggestions of what we may be lacking.

Player Handbook: https://nodebb.cityofarabel.com/category/102/work-in-progress-player-handbook

This is replacement of the following forums, in which we have gathered the information and are working on to replace. For now they are still available for players, so that we can all ensure ALL essential information is moved on. Once this is done, we're hoping to make a PDF file and update the CoA wiki perhaps with the new information as well.

Old Resource Forum: https://nodebb.cityofarabel.com/category/19/old-resources-forum
    Old Setting Information: https://nodebb.cityofarabel.com/category/82/setting-information

• DMs

Much love and pretty much endless thanks to Applefritos for all the work he has done so far!

• i cant access any of the links that chips has in the new handbook, so cant comment on the content etc

• @cadiz_stoker said in PLAYER HANDBOOK FEEDBACK:

i cant access any of the links that chips has in the new handbook, so cant comment on the content etc

How do you mean? I just combed through the entire Handbook to doublecheck every link in it after you said that, they're all working fine.

Are they leading you to forums you don't have access to? It could be that when Puffy made the Players handbook public she didn't make its subforums public.

• She hadn't. Fixed.

• Alrighty, Disclaimer. We haven't completely finished with the players handbook yet, it's missing a few things.

Some classes from player resources haven't been put up yet because their writeups need to be remade to reflect some changes or missing information that the player resources forum didn't cover.

The Game Mechanics section needs some more work too.

But if you do see some current content that's already in the player handbook that seems out of date or is missing something, lemme know!

• @chips All of the apple wood items are missing from woodcraft. The occasio quarterstaff doesn't list the d4 bludgeoning damage it gets.

• I'll put that in this weekend, I just ported woodcrafting over from our previous writeup in the Auctions section, and cleaned up the Syntax on it a bit.
    I'll go through the crafting goods and update the missing parts this weekend.

• So, fun trick with the new forums. You know how clicking on the "City of Arabel" button at the top left will bring you to the main menu? But the button to the immediate right of that does the same thing?

If you go to your Settings you can select a homepage, and choose the Players Handbook for it. That way the "City of Arabel" Button brings you to the Handbook, and the button next to it brings you to the main menu.

• the races subsection is currently missing the warforged, assuming that they will remain playable a race.

in the crafting section it would be good to have an explanation of the brewing system, assuming it is not being changed.

i cant see anything about spell alterations

the classes list is obviously work in progress as missing lots classes anyway
    bravo kit is currently disabled i think too? dont know if it is being reintroduced

• Oh, yes, Moloch re enabled Beastmaster. Not sure if there were any changes.

• Classes are on my to do list, the classes that are missing right now are the ones who've had changes made to them that weren't put in the Player Resources forums yet, and/or had things missing from the Player Resource forums from the outset, so I'm rewriting them from the ground up.

Also gotta go through all the crafting stuff and update Woodworking and such since it's missing stuff.

Working on Dot commands for the Game Mechanics section as well.

Puffy's working on a Warforged post and a few setting info topics coming up soon.

There's more on my to do list then that, but feel free to let me know if you think something should be added in, even if it's already on my to do list I can still make it a higher priority based on who wants what.

• Builder's Guild

I can't find a writeup for the Darmos' Heresy anywhere on the forum, it'd be nice if it were added to setting info somewhere. Considering we have a joinable gang named Saint Darmos’ Children.

• DMs

@voss_ said in PLAYER HANDBOOK FEEDBACK:

I can't find a writeup for the Darmos' Heresy anywhere on the forum, it'd be nice if it were added to setting info somewhere. Considering we have a joinable gang named Saint Darmos’ Children.

Added to my list, any other heresies?

• @puffy said in PLAYER HANDBOOK FEEDBACK:

@voss_ said in PLAYER HANDBOOK FEEDBACK:

Added to my list, any other heresies?

Lord and Savior, father Hardcastle, who died shouldering the sins of the warforged so that they could live on.

And so upon being surrounded by the militiamen ganksquad, Hardcastle said.
    "Let he who is without sin, cast the first flesh to stone"

• Just want to say well done on this, cracking piece of work.

• i cant see anything about applications in the new forum.

also there doesnt seem to be any list of allowable deities for druids there, or tbh in the old one that i can see!

• The topic for applications is the very first topic at the top of the forums (right below the subforums)

Right here https://nodebb.cityofarabel.com/topic/30058/application-process

I'll work on the deity list for druids this weekend, Is the list in the CoA Wiki accurate/up to date? I know I should probably remove Nobanion from it though.

• @chips my bad i didnt scroll down, i hadnt realised that there were topics left in the discussion bit below

• Yeah, we left that one loose and not in subforums because it didn't belong in any specific category, and was important enough to be on the front page. I'm not sure if I should leave the Dot Commands topic loose there as well, or put it in the Game Mechanics section once I make it.

Looks like your connection to City of Arabel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.