Cleric Conversion Tool

• Would this be cool? How would it work? Would there been to be more perks to having a specific diety? Is that too much work?

Depending on how well revered you are within a church you get cool random stuff happen to you?

Say you are Joe Tychean Fighter and you do a load of cool stuff for the faith you might somehow get a Random buff spell hit you, or something?

• It's easy enough to do! I could have a full conversion system (script and conversation option) ready today if needed.

That said, conversion really only matters for clerics and paladins, as laymen can convert to any faith they want just by saying so; Players cannot even see what's in the deity field.

If we're going to make god saves a more prominent thing, though, it might make sense.

I'm not super keen on it, mind, because I don't think Gods should be interfering that directly with mortals without excellent reason, but I suppose an ultra-slim chance of deity save if you've tithed enough is not a big deal.

• This would be so awesome.

rp aside deity field does have influence on IG mechanics (eg summoning themes) but it would still be a nice rp from regardless

• I would love this tool...

I have had a few people convert but because we need a DM specifically to 'do it' we can't really make it official.

• This would be a great tool. I would love to see it implemented.

• I'll bring it up. Will update when I have something.

Personally, I don't have a problem doing this; It's easy to do. I don't see the point personally, but if players want it, it can be done.

Mind creating a poll on the OP? I'd like to gauge interest.

• Yeah, tried and said I could only add a poll to the main post? No idea what that means, so if a DM could do it that would be swell

• Yes, apparently you can create a poll only before you submit the first post of a thread.

No matter, make a new one.

• @polaris said in Changes to the module:

Cleric conversion tool added as of next reset. This should spawn on all clerics on login, if you don't have it.

It works like this:

• Target the PC you wish to convert (you will get a message).

• The Target PC will now be able to see a new conversation option in his crafting menu, asking him if he wants to convert.

• If yes, the deity field will be changed. If not, it remains as is.

Enjoy.

• Praise da programmer \m/

• This is excellent, thanks team.