Apprentice Coltsbury

• Apprentice Coltsbury,

As I will be representing the Cohort in the upcoming trial, I will need to know what charges we have been accused of, and when you allege they occurred in relation to the Divine March.

In service to Bane,
    Karl Steel

• Your Bishop has already confessed the most serious misdeeds. Though he is clearly still trying to withold information, I assure you, this is not a matter you can afford to try and play games on. Use of Bloodstones and Undead are the most greivous offences, not helped by the still unsolved case of the bloodstone caches found by Jace which you all denied - but in light of recent events now seems suspicious to say the least.

Do the smart thing. Come clean about what you did and who you did it with. Let those with Royal Assent determine the answers to more important questions, such as how Divine Marches should be managed by the Kingdom of Cormyr. While your actions are disgraceful, I do not expect it to result in capital punishment - but I can assure you, attempting to hide any relevent aspect of what happened that is discovered by myself before or after the trial will not be to your credit.

The easiest way to do this is to give me some full, unadulterated accounts of the Divine March and trust in the wisdom of the Crown's appointed Judges.

The hardest way to do this is to be reprimended for Evading a Peace Official's questioning before giving the same testimony under oath in the Courtroom.

Apprentice Coltsbury
    College of War Wizards

• Apprentice Coltsbury,

We utilized bloodstones to summon undead, I am unsure who did exactly, as I did not partake and focused on preparing myself for the melee. I know there were roughly four undead. I am sure Bishop Waynolt has relayed to you the events of the battle as he said he would. As for a full account of the march, we summoned the undead, smashed through the barricaded streets, entered the temple and after a lengthy battle slew the Axe, Grayson, the halfbreed, Arthur, and Dean, granting them no quarter. We then burned their bodies in sacrifice to Bane. I don't suppose you will be charging us with their murders as well? If you have any further questions feel free to ask, otherwise I will see you in court.

In service to Bane,
    Karl Steel

• I want to know who else was there among your allies.

I want to know where the bloodstones and bleakstones came from.

Apprentice Coltsbury
    College of War Wizards

• Apprentice Coltsbury,

The participants were myself, Bishop Waynolt, Camila, Eesha, Anton, Morn, Ward, and a gnome who's name I do not know.

The bloodstones were gathered from some sewers in the underdark and a slum tower in Old Town a few hours after the Axe of Tempus accepted our challenge of the Divine March.

In service to Bane,
    Karl Steel

• I only find it shocking that the Bishop thought this information worth sullying his name over hiding from me. The testimony is appreciated.

I will need a description of this gnome.

Apprentice Coltsbury
    College of War Wizards

• Apprentice Coltsbury,

You will never in my presence insult Bishop Waynolt again, in person or letter.

He is small, wears a hood and jacket, and does not speak much.

I do not need your appreciation, only for you to keep your word when you say it, as you are failing to do so now.

In service to Bane,
    Karl Steel

• You take insult that I thought Bishop Waynolt would not risk his good standing with the Law over a Talonite, a Mage and a nameless gnome?

Do not try and command my obedience, Banite, least of all for an imagined insult. Your soul answers to Bane but your life answers to the King of Cormyr should he deem it unworthy of his lands.

Apprentice Coltsbury
    College of War Wizards

• Apprentice Coltsbury,

Bishop Waynolt is not required by the law to tell you anything. There is no investigation, or charges. The King has proclaimed that the Crown will take no part in the divine marchs of faith. By bringing charges against the Faith for actions taken during a divine march you are defying the Kings command. You yourself proclaimed there would be no charges related to the divine march in a poster, should you are also violating your own commands. So I would suggest, for your sake, you drop these charges before we are forced to claim a grievance against you for violating the Kings royal decree, risking other faiths finding out and sending the realm into Chaos.

In service to Bane,
    Karl Steel

• You have been helpful Karl, so I will give you some advice:

Not only are the Bishop and yourself obliged to cooperate by Law in answering my questions, but so is anyone else suspected to be involved.

Evasion of a Peace Official:
    The provable avoidance or evasion of a Peace Official attempting to interact with one suspected of a crime (this also includes fleeing from searches or questioning) will be charged with a minor crime in itself, if no other crime is proven. If a crime is proven, that crime will be elevated one higher in severity, up to serious. (Limited to fines)

Or if you still feel I am being heavy handed in dealing with you, lodge a complaint with the Militia Tower or to the man who has declared an official inquiry to be in the national interest: Lord Warden Hawklin. Or perhaps you would prefer to write to the King directly, who is already nominating an envoy to oversee this trial.

Are you starting to comprehend the seriousness of your situation yet?

Apprentice Coltsbury
    College of War Wizards

• Apprentice Coltsbury,

I will proudly take to the courtroom and speak for the character of my brothers and sisters. If the Kings envoy demands recompense for serious charges committed during a holy war so be it, the women and men of Bane in our short time here have fought, bled, and died in defense of Comyr and continue to do so to this day. I will count the days until our hearing with frightful anticipation. Be it on the battlefield or the courtroom I will fight for my brothers and sisters until the bitter end. This concludes my conversation with you.

In service to Bane,
    Karl Steel