Letter for Retainer Dhulir

• _Retainer,

As promised, this is the poster I've written. I can, of course, change anything you recommend.

In service,
    Jacaira Ravenhorn_

! > How Soon You Forget

When the Primordial awakened and destroyed the lands, it was Lord Hardcastle who kept you safe, kept you secure.
    When the economy of the city was devistated, and there were no jobs to have, it was Lord Hardcastle who brought trade back to Arabel.
    He has freed slaves, built walls, and kept you alive!

Yet when I look around and listen to you, you seem to have forgotten all this. You speak of strikes and protests, when you should give praise and thanks.
    You speak words of anger when you should speak words of peace.

Will you turn from the man who has kept the Zhents and Shadovar off your doorstep? Will you turn against the man who is hiring every man, woman, and child out of his -own- funds to see to it that Arabel continues to thrive?
    Will you tolerate the slander and hate-mongering being spread by the dark-hearted?

Rise up and say "No more!" Rise up and support your Lord as he has supported you.
    ! Jacaira Ravenhorn

• @Damaera:

_Retainer,

As promised, this is the poster I've written. I can, of course, change anything you recommend.

In service,
    Jacaira Ravenhorn_

! > How Soon You Forget

When the Primordial awakened and destroyed the lands, it was Lord Hardcastle who kept you safe, kept you secure.
    When the economy of the city was devastated, and there were no jobs to have, it was Lord Hardcastle who brought trade back to Arabel.
    He has freed slaves, built walls, and kept you alive!

Yet when I look around and listen to you, you seem to have forgotten all this. You speak of strikes and protests, when you should give praise and thanks.
    You speak words of anger when you should speak words of peace.

Will you turn from the man who has kept the Zhents and Shadovar off your doorstep? Will you turn against the man who is hiring every man, woman, and child out of his -own- funds to see to it that Arabel continues to thrive?
    Will you tolerate the slander and hate-mongering being spread by the dark-hearted?

Rise up and say "No more!" Rise up and support your Lord as he has supported you.
    ! Jacaira Ravenhorn

Lass, this is decent work. It is not the diddies or rhymes fielded against us, but it should do. I'll begin adding it to your file. Of course, more will likely be required, or at least more outstanding versions. Post it and continue trying to combat the Sargh's postings, and you'll be rewarded.

-Retainer Runemagner

• _Retainer,

I can write diddies and rhymes if you want me to merely mimic those who we seek to oppose. I'd rather distinguish myself, and Lord Hardcastle, from these petty people. However, you are the Retainer, and your advice I will follow. These posters will be distributed tonight.

In service,
    Jacaira Ravenhorn_

• _Retainer,

As you asked, rhymes it is. It's not my favored form of communication but perhaps it will be well-received. As always, I am willing to take suggestions.

In service,
    Jacaira Ravenhorn_

[A draft is enclosed]

! Since it seems what you like is meter and rhyme,
    I suppose I shall have to take the time
    To speak in ways you will understand.
    So these couplets I now command,
    To tell you all the epic story
    of of how our Lord rose to glory.
    ! At the end of the Shadovar War you see,
    Our Lord joined with Truesilver, and another three,
    To rebuild this, the Caravan City.
    And yet it is a pity,
    that even though this is history is true
    many turn against him, now even you.
    ! His hard work and tireless dedication
    has earned him praise from the King of our nation.
    Yet those who would paint him as greedy
    do not realize how much he has saved the needy.
    A savior he is to people like me,
    who would have been slaves, but now we are free.
    ! You say "You work hard for such little pay",
    but such a fate is better than having been a slave in Thay.
    For that is the fate that would have awaited us,
    Had Lord Hardcastle not been so generous.
    Our lives, no, they are not grand,
    but we are not ones to make such demands.
    We are the backbone, the heart, and the mind
    of a mechanism of dedication, you will find.
    ! Those who shout the loudest have the least to lose,
    when they say "we want more" for what can they choose?
    Should you strike, should you protest,
    What will you earn? Can you attest?
    ! Think clearly all hardy folk,
    This is serious business, not even a joke.
    Will you let a bird lead you by the hand,
    or will you on your own merits stand?

• Remarkable work, lass, on both writings. I am impressed, to say the least. This complies fully with Steward Kendrals request, and i'll put it in your file. If you wish to continue with this work, there's plenty of fodder to do so. For example, fallen paladin of helm Chambers has on numerous ocassion given cause for remark, such as her defending Huntsmaster Varden, high priest of malar, enemy of helm, and her own full willing desire to break the king's proclomations. We'll speak more in person.

-Retainer Runemagner