Lockable Gates

• I would like to suggest PDs and Militia be allowed to lock their own barracks entry doors, as well as the 3 city gates. There's really no IC reason why they can't do that. Criminals can escape via sewer grates in any case.

• If this goes in then I'd suggest unlockable gates >.>
    High DC with Take 20 in mind so that only the most skilled lockpicks can escape the city that way. Might even force rogues to start packing thieves' tools.

• @Fearmoho12:

If this goes in then I'd suggest unlockable gates >.>
    High DC with Take 20 in mind so that only the most skilled lockpicks can escape the city that way. Might even force rogues to start packing thieves' tools.

Wouldn't this call for a script that makes guards check for sneaking lockpicks and beat the shit out of them?

• Storyteller [DM]

Sure. Fail to lockpick the doors go full hostile to nearby guard NPCs.

I'm okay with this considering that failing an Animal Empathy check on a nearby dog will turn the entire city hostile.

Criminal scum should be no better!

• Sounds like a Bad idea having pc's locking down a city,more so when it will be to catch a lone thief rather than to stop an invading army.

• Kind of plan to make the north arabel gate lockable from the inside to stop the gate dance PVP.

We'd probably make it auto unlock after an amount of time with no PCs near it, though, otherwise you could end up with locked gates for a long time.

• If I recall Militia/PDs/WW's used to be able to lock doors inside their barracks as well as the sewers if you were a certain rank. Definitely put back in if its been removed.

• Sewer grates should maybe be lockable, but with a DC 10 open lock check, so anyone can unlock it, but it takes a moment to do so in combat.

• For me entering the sewers has always had a delay anyway. I have to click the grate three times usually. It's been the death of my PC once and was almost the death of CB's Raaz once!
    Therefore, I'd rather not see lockable sewer grates.

• Perhaps only in the Citadel, to reflect the security-centric nature of the place?

• @Fearmoho12:

For me entering the sewers has always had a delay anyway. I have to click the grate three times usually. It's been the death of my PC once and was almost the death of CB's Raaz once!
    Therefore, I'd rather not see lockable sewer grates.

I think it actually makes sense that sewer grates take longer than a normal door.
    At least in the Citadel, where maintenance might close them if left open.
    Perhaps an extremely low unlock, such as DC5, to represent having to drag a grate off the entrance.

However, even if they are "locked" by a guard, the DC should be low, so a Take 20 will always succedd if there is any skill whatsoever. After all, its a sewer grate. We're not talking expensive inset locks, but more likely a chain and padlock. In a city where you can easily buy a large hammer and chisel.

• Fellowship of the Guantlet

It's not "taking longer than a normal door"… it's no working at all during fits of lag. That is not okay, not matter how one tries to justify it.

• Storyteller [DM]

I would like a transition inot the sewers somewhere rather than a placeable entrance, that way they become accessible to familiars or other possessed things like spirit progections etc

• There are ways into the sewers without using nodes and placables actually to which spirit projections or familiars could cross, you just have to take a few detours to get to them is all.

• Storyteller [DM]

i know of a couple into the sewers, but they are from the ruins which you need to use placeables to access from anywhere but the sewers. the ways down into the sewers are all grates and rat holes.

• You can get into the ruins via a door in a building in the citadel area of Arabel too. Not the Scholar quest's one.

• Storyteller [DM]

ah yeah the morgue i forgot that as i am not allowed in the citadel…