Treaties of Arabel
Thune last edited by
Treaty of Arabel, signed between Lord Isodore Maleen and Lord Commander Anya DeSchurr and Regent Alusair Obraskyr. This treaty oversaw the transfer of Arabel to Cormyr's political sovereignty and consists of formal pardons for many leaders of the Phoenix Civil War and the restoration of noble rights to surviving rebel families. It also dictates that Cormyr shall refrain from establishing a presence of War Wizards within the city that is not directly necessary to the support of the Viceroy's duties and safety. It further stipulates that laws in Cormyr requiring the registration of adventuring companies and spell-casters able to cast spells of the fourth circle will not apply to Arabel. The villages of Flynn and Eveningstar were also formally annexed to the city of Arabel and will be under final authority of the Viceroy. The lands that were once Easthaven reverted to the control of the Obraskyr family.
The Treaty of Loross was signed by War Wizard Caladnei and Grand Vizier Shon. This treaty stated established formal end of the Second Shadovar War. It stipulated that the Shade Empire would aid Cormyr in the final sealing of the Rift and enforce the zone as a demilitarize area that no nation of force can be allowed to disturb in the future. As such, Arabel will maintain only a light military presence in the city of Arabel, less than one force of 500 Purple Dragon Knights and no more than 10 War Wizards. The Shadovar and Cormyrians agreed to exchange ambassadors. Formal borders were drawn between Shadovar and Cormyrian territories in the Stonelands. Both nations formally disavowed any hostile or territorial interests in the other nation. The Emperor of the Shadovar indicated he absolves Cormyr of any wrong-doing in the death of his son, and Cormyr accepted a formal apology for the destruction of the village of Tilverton while extending their own for the mistaken killing of the Emperor's son.
Herald of Arabel
Thus it was in the early days of 1383 Dale Reckoning, Princess Alusair and Emperor Telamont signed an armistice and subsequent peace treaty with the following provisions:-
- The Empire of Loross was a sovereign state recognized by Cormyr and all her allies
- The Empire would be granted the Anauroch desert as its sovereign territory, along with all her indigenous peoples
- The Empire would claim the northern half of the Stonelands
- Cormyr would retain the Southern half of the Stonelands, and both Cormyr and Shade would enforce the claim against Zhentarim invasions
- Cormyr would retain complete rights to any and all Netherese ruins, artifacts, magic and any other knowledge related to or of the civilization of Old Netheril as their lawful possessions, if they are found in Cormyr and have not been stolen or otherwise illegally procured from Shade.
- Cormyr had the right to accept Bedine asylum seekers from the Anauroch with no retaliation from Shade.
- Both Cormyr and the Shadovar would give up all claims and experiments related to the Rift
- Both Cormyr and Shadovar would release all prisoners of war with no ill treatment on either side.
By Erasmus Amphrael