Eirikr has gone down and that is the end of the road for him. When I created him I deliberately decided to play him on Hard Core - You Only Die Once. I did this due to how conflict heavy and aggressive Eirikr's concept was, and to change it now would feel very cheap. Sadly, my computer can not take screen shots so I have none to show for all the fun I had. Instead I have posted Eirikr's write up below. I have a couple of specific shout outs and notes I wanted to make as well. Again, thanks for all the Fun and see you guys IG shortly with my next idea (which should be much longer lasting and will not be on Hardcore Mode).
1. A huge thanks to all the DMs and PCs who interacted with Eirikr in the Noble Houses and Silver Bannersmen (or it's early attempts at Cormyr oriented groups). I never play LG and very rarely play clerics, you guys made playing Eirikr (major reach character for me) a blast!
2. A huge thanks to all the PCs who interacted with Eirikr and were on the receiving end of his tirades. In every single interaction it was handled extremely well IC and extremely well OOC. I know dealing with a religious jerk can be tiresome at times, but everyone played along and I thank you for that.
1. Yes, Eirikr was LG. When I dreamed him up I noticed a lot of people tend to portray LG characters as fairly nice. I wanted to see if I could come up with something that went directly in the opposite direction. A LG character who was consistent but was also NOT nice. Sadly, the one thing I most looked forward to did not happen. If Eirikr's Inquisition had kicked off and someone who was innocent had been brought before it to be burned, Eirikr would have rained fire and brimstone down upon the individuals trying to have the innocent burned. I didn't get to show that portion of his personality very much, but the rest was a lot of fun.
2. Without going to OOC spoiler, Eirikr died attempting to burn out evil spell casters. I cant think of a better death for him, given how I was playing him (Hardcore - You Only Die Once). I -really- enjoyed the ride while it lasted.
Eirikr's Write Up:
General Information -
Name: Eirikr Brynjae
Race: Human (Tethyrian)
Archetype: The Hero
Important Notes -
1. Eirikr’s concept is not the Inquisitor as history records them. Instead, Eirikr’s concept is to explore what an Inquisitor might have looked like had the Inquisition existed in the Forgotten Realm where deities take a very direct and obvious hand in guiding their faithful.
2. The best example for the vibe I am going for is a mix between Victor and Yuri (People’s Commissioners) from the sci-fi short story “Fanatic” set in David Weber’s Honor Harrington Universe.
3. Eirikr is an Acolyte still. Though if his stuff goes really well it would be awesome if he was raised into the official Tyran priesthood at some point.
- Goals –
Note: 1 - 3 are major reach goals and I know that.
- Establish a clear LG oriented legal code in Arabel that is enforced over the entire city and surrounding lands.
- Strengthen the influence of Cormyr in Arabel until Arabel is a loyal city of Cormyr once more.
- Strengthen the influence of the Tyran Faith in Arabel to the point that Tyr becomes the dominant religion.
- Strengthen the position of House Wyvernspur until it is the dominate House in Arabel and the surrounding area.
- Restrict the legal use of the arcane in lands under the Arabel legal code. (Eirikr is coming to the opinion the arcane has to long been abused in Arabel and is to easily twisted to foul ends by its nature.)
To speak of law is not to speak of ink or parchment, to speak of law is to speak of the divine mandates gifted to mortal kind by the Even-Handed so that justice may spread through these troubled lands. Carry forth the mandate of the Just God’s divine law by word where possible and blade where required.
Of Suzail’s poorer quarters, Eirikr was given into the care of the Faithful of Tyr as a small child. While the exact specifics of Eirikr’s parentage and background are not clear, his story is not an unusual one. A child from a poor family that was struggling to keep all feed and clothed, offered to service of Tyr and found acceptable by Faithful of Tyr. A common practice and in truth a boon to all; the child is educated and raised in the service of the church, the church draws many of their warriors from such children, and the poorest family are relieved of mouths the family can not feed.
Eirikr was taken to a smaller monastery on the outskirts of Suzail and raised in the Faith of Tyr and service of the Church. Though attempts were made as he aged, he was unable to regain contact with his former family and over time the Church became his true kith and kin. By his teens it was clear that Eirikr held a true vocation and was welcomed into the training for the priesthood. Eirikr entered into the training of an Inquisitor, those of the Faithful whom sought out and ended those that would violate or corrupt the Just God’s law.
By his twenty ninth year, Eirikr had completed all the tasks of an Acolyte and was ready to seek acceptance into the lower ranks of the priesthood. It was during this time the senior members of the monastery, and Tyran Faithful in general, were plagued with continued reports of the troubles in Arabel and the surrounding lands. The monastery was tasked by the Faith to contribute one individual as the monastery’s portion of the effort to combat the growing chaos.
The senior brothers of the monastery meet in prayer for some time before a decision was reached. In place of a senior brother or known cleric, Eirikr would be sent. It was believed the situation in Arabel was delicate politically and to send to powerful of a figure would unbalance it. The brothers felt that none would view an “Acolyte” as anything more than another newcomer, giving Eirikr time to establish himself and work towards the ordering of Arabel for the Faithful of Tyr.
Nikolai_Moskvin last edited by
Ponies last edited by
Gay. Get your shit back IG before I ban.
Zool last edited by
Massive shame this was a hardcore character IMO!!!
Seter last edited by
Massive shame this was a hardcore character IMO!!!